XBOX LIVE AUTO-RENEWAL

Hi, is it possible to turn off auto-renewal without going through the website and phone? I've tried both of these options and neither work. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 65 Applies to:

[quote user="EatingCereal"]

Hi, is it possible to turn off auto-renewal without going through the website and phone? I've tried both of these options and neither work. 

[/quote]You can only turn off auto-renewal for a paid Xbox LIVE membership on the website or with the help of Xbox LIVE customer support. Here are some links that will hopefully resolve your issue.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/subscription-management/cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help but I've tried both options and none work, every time I click "Turn off auto-renewal" it asks for a code from an email address, in which I give, and then it asks for another code from another email, and then after that it doesn't do anything. I tried phoning but no luck through that either.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="EatingCereal"]

Thanks for the help but I've tried both options and none work, every time I click "Turn off auto-renewal" it asks for a code from an email address, in which I give, and then it asks for another code from another email, and then after that it doesn't do anything. I tried phoning but no luck through that either.

[/quote]

I've had this before.

Try using a different web browser.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried a different browser, still the same problem, but I use the code from the one email and then it asks for another from a different email, but that second email address isn't valid anymore (deleted from not being used for x amount of time?) and then it says it will take a month for it to change :/

Sorry this didn't help.

Edit: I re-created that email and it still does not work, it keeps going through the emails asking for codes and I've tried contacting them by phone and still no luck, this is ridiculous.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey EatingCereal, sorry to hear you're still having issues canceling.  As for the emails/codes, we can make sure all your Proofs are up to date.  (In particular, if you have a mobile number, that can be a really easy way to get into the account. It's what I use.)  Beyond that, they are also correct above that a different browser (or even a different PC) may be a good thing to try regarding that loop you're seeing.

If all of those do not help, I would then suggest contacting Support here: Contact us.  You can use chat support, if calling isn't a good option for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried using the chat option and got froze on 54 in line and then it wouldn't let me use it again, nonetheless  I succeeded in cancelling auto-renewal by phone but it took a while, thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, OK. Glad to hear it was canceled. Let us know if you're having issues with chat support again, yeah? Hopefully we can get things resolved a little quicker for you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay so it's asking for another email address not because you have to switch to a new broswer. It's doing it because xbox.com is also connected to hotmail and or any other email you sign in I guess. I know I have hotmail and it was doing the same thing.

I would simply log in and going to 'My Account' and clicked cancel auto renewal and then it'd ask me for my code. I go to my email hotmail.com and the email that is hooked up to my account is already signed in. (They send the code to the helper email not the one that's linked to the xbox account itself.) So I had to sign out of that therefore it signed out of xbox live. When I signed into my other hotmail account and got the code and had entered it in the slot I click the blue button and then it goes 'send a code' to this other email once again like the problem above. (Turns out it was the helper email for the email address that the code got sent to.)

So to solve this problem I used different tabs. Tab 1 is xbox.com waiting for me to enter my code. Tab 2 is hotmail.com. I signed in to the email it sent the code to. Copied the code and then signed out. I then typed 'hotmail.com' in the URL and then signed back into the email that is used for my xbox live account. I then went back to Tab 1 and entered my code and it no longer asked me for that second email. I dont know if this method works for anyone using any other email addresses, but it worked for me because both the email accounts (the one to my live account, and the helper email) are both hotmail. O.o hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Taltine! Looks like this thread was already answered a while back. If you have a similar issue feel free to make a post about it and we'll be sure to help you out as soon as we can! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.