xbox live auto renewal problem

so heres the thing.i had 1 $ gold for 1 month and i had auto renewal set on off.on the day my gold was ending  i had mail which said that i had bought another gold for 1 month . i think it costs 9.99$. i was like wtf. so basically auto renewal turned itself on automatically. will it happen again after this month too? i dont want to spend my entire money on live lol. now i have set auto renewal on off again. thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Did you actually turn off Auto Renewal AFTER you purchased the $1 for 1 month sub and before it was set to renew to the $9,99 charge? Reason I ask is because everytime you purchase a NEW sub, the Auto renewal feature switches on(Exception being Pre-Paid Codes, they do not start the Auto Renewal feature when redeemed).

So if you turn off AR on a previous sub, then buy a new one, the feature switches on again. Hopefully that explains what could of happened.

But, if you did turn it off after buying the sub and before it was set to renew, then phone support may have a record of that and if there was some sort of glitch then hopefully they can help you out!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ah. i see that must be the reason. thanx for responce :)

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem, glad I could help!

Sorry this didn't help.