Xbox Live at University Problem

Hello,

Just for starters I want to say that I've had xbox live since it became available on the orignal xbox. However I've run into a problem the last few years. I go to University and live in the dorms. This is my third year and since the Xbox One is coming out soon, I decided to finally try and find an answer. The dorms use comcast, but it is a shared system of routers I believe. That makes it so that I need to use my personal student login information every time that I sign onto the internet for wifi, computer, tablet, or any other device. The problem is that there is no prompt that comes up to sign in. Friends of mine have PS3s and they have no problem connecting. I'm worried that if I get an Xbox One, there will be the same issue and I won't be able to play. If anyone could give me any solution or information to my problem it would be appreciated. 

-Probably Changing My Gamertag for the ONE

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I would suggest bridging you XBox with your PC so you connect to the internet via your PC. Use your credentials to login via your PC and the network would then see the Xbox as another PC connection. This was how I had to connect my Xbox at Uni because of the same kind of system.

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.