Xbox live asking for email/password EVERY LOG IN....
For the past few weeks my Xbox 360 prompts me to enter my email and password when I first turn on the Xbox. I have gone to Xbox.com/proofs like it said and entered ALL the information. I have cleared the cache( memory unit, hard drive and my 16 gig USB
drive), I have deleted and re-downloaded my profile. Sometimes it works, most of the time it does not. Rarely, downloading my profile will work, but also turning the Xbox off and on, off and on over and over will sometimes get it to connect. What is going
on? Why does it take me 20-30 minutes of deleting, downloading and entering data ( that Microsoft already has ) EVERY time I want to use a service I pay for?
A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and
the order and timing of the steps is important to success:
1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then
2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).
3) unplug power from the modem.
4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.
5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that
light says it's ready, skip to step 7.
6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.
What Country/State/Province do you live in?
Modem brand & model number:
Router brand & model number:
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried:
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?
Any Error Codes you encounter:
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.