Xbox Live asking for email and password?

I tried to sign into xbox live and it disconnected me, it then asked me for my email address and password for my microsoft account.

"We need the email address and password for your Microsoft account so we can check and update the security of your Xbox profile.

There has been an issue lately of peoples accounts getting hacked so I want to make sure if it is safe or not.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If this message is coming from the Xbox itself, then you should be fine. I know when I got my new console, I had to input my e-mail address and password to access Live. Same with all the accounts on the console.

-

If the message is from your computer (xbox.com lookalike page, windows ID e-mail, etc) then I would be cautious.

Ohh i see, yeah i was just worried because of the hacker issues going around. It is from my xbox so i will just fill in the info. thanks alot man i really appreciate it!

[quote user="MizShift"]

Ohh i see, yeah i was just worried because of the hacker issues going around. It is from my xbox so i will just fill in the info. thanks alot man i really appreciate it!

[/quote]

There are no hacker issues bud. Children attempting to solicit account information from other users is not hacking. 

Hey OP you just had a typical security proof.

You should make sure you have at least 2 security proofs in your account.

Go to account.live.com/proofs to make sure you do.

Ones that is done, you should not get this message on your Xbox again.

If you don´t set up 2 security proofs, it will ask you a again at a other time.