Xbox Live Arcade

Does anyone know if and when the xbox one will let us play the games we got through the Live Arcade. I sold my xbox 360 thinking I would be able to play them on the xbox one and I can't find any news on it. Thanks 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Never.

x24hrs2livx is right. It's been known for months that the Xbox One wasn't going to be able to support the Xbox Live arcade games - next time you decide to purchase something, a little research might help 1st. Those arcade games are the reason I decided to keep my Xbox 360 - I'm not about to give up 300+ of them just because I got a new console. Tough luck though, I'm sure it's a hard lesson to learn.

I am sure that it looks great having two complete consoles hooked up to one tv.  Mine looks awful, wires everywhere and controllers.  All in One and there is no Arcade Games.  A customer should not have had to do hours of research on this before buying.   All in One was the main advertising campaign.  Now we have to keep our cable box, keep our 3d bluray, keep the x360.  That right there is All in 4.  Xbox 4  should have been the name, or Xbox NONE.  

The more I keep reading about the Xbone, the more I keep getting further and further away from buying one.

the clutter would be the same if I went to PS4.  I understand that.  Staying with one company should let me clean things up around here.  Now I need separate steering wheels for the X1.  Those things are awesome but darn hard to hide and make a room not look cluttered.  And if put away they never get used.  I have not got a wheel as it is over 300 but when Microsoft comes out with one I will have to get one.  I love that stuff.

SAFELYDAD, do what I do - keep each console in separate rooms. Doing that helps reduce the clutter. Also, it took me less than 5 minutes to find out about the Xbox Live Arcade games from console to console, not hours upon hours of research.

[quote user="SAFLEYDAD"]

I am sure that it looks great having two complete consoles hooked up to one tv.  Mine looks awful, wires everywhere and controllers.  All in One and there is no Arcade Games.  A customer should not have had to do hours of research on this before buying.   All in One was the main advertising campaign.  Now we have to keep our cable box, keep our 3d bluray, keep the x360.  That right there is All in 4.  Xbox 4  should have been the name, or Xbox NONE.  

[/quote]

Why would you not invest the time into learning about something you're about to spend half a grand or more, with games, on?  Seems rather dumb.  And that doesn't take hours of reading to figure out unless you're in first grade or on that level of reading speed.

[quote user="HOSTILExWMD"]

The more I keep reading about the Xbone, the more I keep getting further and further away from buying one.

[/quote]

I suggest you get away from the useless rants of people that either don't understand how things work, or didn't bother learning about it before they dropped 500 bucks on it and are surprised after the fact.   Read the actual information out there from Microsoft and some non biased sources.  I personally think the system is great, it does everything I was expecting it to do, and a bit more, as I didn't expect to have the TV interface work with my provider since it's a smaller cable company.  But it did, without issue.  I read these cause they make me laugh, but it's very much not a sign of how things really are.

Galactic.  I have 360 in every room, LOL.  I get the business reason that xbox has done but I have a hard time being told that the X1 is incapable of playing 360 arcade or any backwards games.  My point is it was said many times that X1 was ready for what ever the gamers want.  I just think the business tactic will fail real soon as in about January with no new games people will find other hobbies.  

I have yet to hear exactly though why anybody would not want the arcade games they have purchased to play on X1 or even GTA V they have just purchased to not play on X1.  All I hear is a few naïve people think it is not powerful enough which I find almost scary.  

I feel so sorry for the few who have kids and have one game console hooked to their biggest widescreen.  That would drive me nuts, the main TV is mine, yes we share it on occasion, but darn it, that remote is mine, mine, mine.  LOL.

I have a set up for each of our kids and 2 set up for their friends and relatives when they come over.  I live in a cold area for months on end so it really works great to spend a day.  With gas prices I justify my home entertainment stuff for sure anyways.  Yes my kids are well rounded for those that will attack me.  They do every sport and school activity, we are not basement gamers LOL.

I never said that x1 could not charge a transfer fee to swap games to the x1 to gather losses either.  For this Winter the X1 looks pretty boring for sure.

AGOD:  half a grand, wow my wife would love that laugh.  I have spent well over 50000 in gaming since the beginning of xbox.  Heck counting the upgrading to all Plasma TV that amount is low.  The biggest reason I love new TV is for gaming,    Also my surround sound set up and headphones are all because of gaming.