Starting July 20, enjoy five consecutive weeks of the season’s most highly anticipated downloadable games, including:
- “Toy Soldiers: Cold War” (Signal Studios/Microsoft Studios). Jump into the fray with playful ’80s combat action in “Toy Soldiers: Cold War.” Bring your favorite action toys to life and wage war against the red menace. Need backup? Call in a friend for co-op campaign action on the couch or over Xbox LIVE. Take a break from the main battle with Survival mode and playful minigames. When you beat your LIVE friends’ scores, they’ll be gunning to reclaim the top spot!
- “Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet” (Fuelcell/Microsoft Studios). This side-scrolling, 2-D, action-adventure game takes players on a journey through the curious Shadow Planet worlds, unique environments filled with twisted life, surreal ecologies, hostile creatures and environmental hazards. Players explore the depths of several interconnected themed areas, fighting swarms of enemies, battling bosses, solving mind-bending puzzles and acquiring power-ups to unlock new parts of the map.
- “Fruit Ninja Kinect” (Halfbrick/Microsoft Studios). The worldwide gaming phenomenon “Fruit Ninja” is now coming to Kinect for Xbox 360 in its juiciest form yet — YOU are the ninja! Your arms are now blades, and the battle against the world’s most delicious produce is just beginning. “Fruit Ninja Kinect” is an amazing evolution of the slice-em-up genre created by Halfbrick, utilizing next-generation precision power for the juiciest combat ever!
- “Bastion” (Supergiant Games/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment). “Bastion” is an action role-playing experience that redefines storytelling in games, with a reactive narrator who marks your every move. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- “From Dust” (Ubisoft Montpellier/Ubisoft). Discover a unique Modern God game in which nature is the star. “From Dust” is the latest original concept by Eric Chahi, visionary creator of “Another World.” Behold the beauty of a primitive world pulsing with life and face the might of nature. Beware the danger of a world that is constantly changing under your command. Control the destiny of a tribe struggling to survive and help it recover its ancestors’ lost powers. Immerse yourself in a world as exotically beautiful as it is dangerous. A universe where nature reclaims what is hers and you are your people’s only chance of survival.
Trenched (Double Fine) JUNE 22, 2011 - Trenched is from Tim Shafer's Double Fine and looks to be a Mech shooter with loads of customisations and multiplayer. Think Chromehounds.
Crimson Alliance (Certain Afinity/Microsoft Game Studios) SUMMER 2011 - Crimson Alliance is a 4-player co-op hack'n'slash ARPG in the vain of Torchlight or Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on the original Xbox. If you enjoyed Torchlight and wish it has co-op this will be right up your alley.
Orcs Must Die (Robot Entertainment) SUMMER 2011 - Orcs must die is from the talent behind Halo Wars and Age of Empires (formerly Ensemble Studios). Players must defend their castle against hordes of Orcs, using magic, traps and parts of the enviroment.
Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax JUNE 29, 2011 - Originally on the PSP "Half-Minute Hero's single player mode features 6 different game modes. Each mode is based on one part of a larger story, and as such, the last three modes are not available until the player has completed the first three modes; these last three modes are then unlocked in order after completing the previous mode. Each mode centers around a mechanic based on a limited amount of time (normally 30 seconds as implied by the game's title) to complete that part of the game." - Wikipedia
NBA JAM: On fire Edition OCTOBER 2011 - NBA Jam is releasing on XBLA this October
Dungeon Defenders 2011 - Dungeon Defenders is the ultimate tower defence, action roleplaying experience.
This is just the tip of the iceburg for XBLA...we got new Street Fighter coming, loads of shmups, platformers and unique action titles.