Xbox Live and USB sticks

G'day,

I am wounding if anyone can tell me about transferring your Xbox live profile to a USB stick then being able to use that account on multiple xbox's

Example, I have my main Xbox 360 at home and love to play my Halo Reach on Xbox live

Can I then leave the Xbox live profile on a USB stick to take to my friends house then be able to sign into Xbox live and play online?

Thanks

TSA jpicard

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I have multiple Xbox's in my house, and use a USB stick to move my gamertag between consoles all the time.  It works brilliantly. 

It's quicker than recovering the gamertag.  You can play straight away rather than waiting for it to recover. 

It's safer than recovering the gamertag.  Your gamertag will always be with you, rather than someone else's Xbox, who thinks it would be "funny" to change your Avatar colour to blue.

It's more reliable than recovering the gamertag.  If there is a connection problem when recovering the gamertag, you can corrupt the gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there.

Yes, using a memory stick to transfer your gamer profile is the recommended procedure if you're planning on doing this on a regular basis. If you have a big enough memory stick / storage device then you can also take other data, such as game saves and downloadable content. You will need to be signed into xbox LIVE if you wish to have access to your downloadable content on another console though.

Does your friend have the same generation of xbox 360 as you? If you do then you can simply take your xbox 360 hard drive and plug that into your friend's console.

For further help, take a look at the following support pages:

Move, recover, or delete your gamertage

Copy, move or delete xbox 360 content

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day,

Okay I know content is tied to the xbox live gamer profile, So can I use 2 8gig sticks to carry DLC and arcade games that is are tied to my Xbox live gamercard

Example of this: Halo Reach and all it's DLC is on one USB then have my xbox live account and game saves on the other stick, then plug them into my friends  xbox 360 does that work?

My friends xbox is a older model and mine is a newer model.

It would just be easier if I could take my xbox live account with my halo reach content with me when ever I need to!

Hope to hear from you xbox team,

TSA jpicard

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="TSA jpicard"]Example of this: Halo Reach and all it's DLC is on one USB then have my xbox live account and game saves on the other stick, then plug them into my friends  xbox 360 does that work?

[/quote]If you put the Halo Reach DLC onto a USB, you are able to play it on another 360 console, BUT only on your account.  Your friend would not be able to play your DLC is his 360.  If your friend comes to your house, both you and him can play your DLC.

Sorry this didn't help.

Providing picards account is signed in at the same time to authorise the DLC, the  both he and his friend will be able to use the DLC.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have now moved it onto the 16 gig USB and it works perfectly!

thanks heaps everyone for the suggestions!

Sorry this didn't help.