Xbox Live and GTA 5 Server connection issues

360 1st gen. wired connection, verizon fios, open nat (98% sure). GTA 5 online will connect, 5 seconds after i join a session it says everyone left (on their side it says I left and everyone is actually still in that session), then im alone in a session which after about 10 minutes disconnects me due to an "unknown network error". difficulty joining xbox live chat parties. I get kicked or disconnected from GTA servers because im "not connected" to xbox live... when im connected to a party, console says im still on xbox live but then makes me sign in again when im already signed in and in a party. Sometimes it will kick me out of a session because "invites are disabled currently?" or it will time out trying to locate a session... that im already playing in. this will go on for an hour or so and then it finally stays connected. also strange... i was using the "Viber" app on my phone and i got disconnected from xbox live and my viber call at the exact same time. If i play BF4 or Halo the connection works fine. Netflix has no problems. But whenever i go to play GTA 5 my console has a melt down and I can't connect to anything for more than a few minutes or at all. help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 140 Applies to:

Note: this has only been happening for 3-4 weeks. from the day GTA online was launched until a few weeks ago was totally fine. Is it their servers? an update they released that isn't working right?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Still haven't been answered..... Would like some help here.....

Sorry this didn't help.

hey i literally have the exact same issue right now, can you tell me if you ever fixed it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I have the same issue for 2 month now... I tried to search it on google and it seems that a lot of xbox 360 owners are experiencing this problem but I couldn`t find a solution.

The strange part is that Microsoft is blaming R* and R* Microsoft. Also until Jan. I could play fine GTA V online but starting with Feb I had this issue. Between Jan and Feb. I think I received an update for XBox platform and also an update for GTA V online so  I don`t know if I should blame Microsoft or R*.

If someone has a solution please help up.

I tried until now to use a static IP, delete and re-download my profile, use cable and none of this helped me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup giving me the same issue as well

Sorry this didn't help.

its june 4 and i have the exact same problem, someone told me that is a problem with the servers, apparently an update but damn! that's to much time!

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know how they are letting this happen..

Sorry this didn't help.