Xbox Live & Wireless Adapter Problems

I did all the trouble shooting, checking my wifi, which has 5 bars, clearing my cache, deleting my profile. What my main problem is, is that now xbox live is really laggy, nobody else is using the wifi but me. There isn't any reason why it should be slow, or sign me off. I just recently encountered this problem. 

There is one thing I noticed though. I have a white xbox wireless adapter and the old xbox elite black 120 gb. Whenever I sign on now, the white adapter doesn't have a green light as soon as I signed in automatically, like it use to. It recently has to be unplugged and plugged back in to get the green light and work properly. If I leave my xbox on idle for too long, the wifi will turn off too, I mean the green light on the adapter. I suspect the problem is with the wireless adapter. I use to have it plugged into the back, now I put it in one of the front usb ports to make it easier for everytime I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

Is there anything I can do? Is my console going bad not accepting the adapter? Or is it the adapter itself? What can we do to check this or fix it? Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Could be wireless interference.

I once had the same problems you are having and assumed my wifi adaptor was faulty. I bought a new one and realised I wasted my money because the new one was exactly the same.

I decided to change the wifi channel and the problem was fixed. Turned out that everytime I used wifi channel 1 I got the same problems you are having. Other devices like my laptop and ps3 worked fine but my xbox couldnt stand being on channel 1 even though it had a full signal.

So go into your router settings and change the wifi channel. First try channels 1, 6 and 11. If they dont work try channels inbetween.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for responding. Could you tell me more about how to change the wifi channel?

Sorry this didn't help.

Never mind, I figured it out. I am on channel one. It disconnected but the router connected itself. If I have anymore problems, I might just try to change channels if anything. If that doesn't work I will come back here for help. But so far, your answer seems like a good solution that is working currently. Thank you so much!

Sorry this didn't help.