Xbox Live & Halo MCC issues...

Hi guys,

I bought the Xbox One Halo MCC bundle about 2 weeks ago.

I'm having all sorts of off-and-on problems joining games.

The only solution I've found that seems to work is to start another game (RBI Baseball 2015 is my only other game)  - let it load completely - then go back and start Halo and it seems to reset anything.

Problems:

It starts downloading "Latest Matchmaking Data" and never finishes.

If I have played a game and then leave the room for a while - when I come back it will say "Active Profile signed out" and not let me join a matchmaking game.

Sometimes it will say it is not connected to Xbox Live but I do a connection test and everything works fine.

Sometimes it says the Settings do not allow me to join a multiplayer game.

I cannot figure out any rhyme or reason as to which error I get when... like I said the only solution I know of is to start another game, sometimes I shut down the xbox and wait a while and start it back up and it will join a game..

What is the fix for this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 74 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  When's the last time you power cycled your console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down?  That may help with the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Halo MCC has massive networking problems and constant bugs. As a customer and a software professional, it feels like they never, ever tested splitscreen matchmaking. Every time I try to play I first have to spend 10-15 min hard resetting, quitting, opening other games, doing some combination of voodoo workarounds before we can join a match. Extremely frustrating, it feels like they way over rushed the release, paid zero attention to split screen matchmaking (never fixing glaring "stop ship" bugs with an update even years later) and Halo MCC is definitely not a finished product worth spending money on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble Prophet.  However, as this thread is over a year old I would like to request that you create a new one detailing your issue for better assistance.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there MeetYourProphet,

As onyxishere suggested. This is a bit of an older topic and your situation may be different. Please post a new thread so that individual support can be given to your specific situation.

Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.