XBOX LIVE ADVERTISEMENTS...

I for one am sick of seeing the Advertisement's on Xbox for products and s*** I'm not interested in. I feel if I pay for Xbox live i should be able to control what advertisement's i see, not be force fed horse s*** every time i turn on my console. The money Microsoft is making shows how brainless the majority of Xbox live community has become if no one realizes.

Does anyone feel the same way?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I had a discussion with the EMEA Chief in the past about this and brought it up with him, Graeme Boyd; that untargeted advertising was insulting.

I don't mind advertisements for products suited and or related to Xbox entertainment such as upcoming game releases or movies related to games via ZUNE.  But stuff from Lynx and Mars and Cartoon Network just annoys me.

But the Xbox is a lot more than a gaming console these days, it's a full entertainment suite for all of the family so I guess the advertising is broader.

That said, the adverts are non-intrusive and your way of complaining about it is deconstructive and, to use your own word, brainless.

If you felt strongly enough about it, which I guess you do, I'd encourage you to e-mail content officers from Microsoft to express your opinion (of which I am sure they appreciate hearing feedback on this stuff) without swearing or sounding obnoxious and you might get a real response.

https://help.xbox.com/default.aspx?productkey=xbox360live&mkt=en-us&st=1&wfxredirect=1

I dont even pay attention to the advertisments? Do they pop up mid game? No. Do the prevent me from looking at my f/l or sending messages? NO! They are there to be viewed if you like and at your discretion.

Emailing them doesn't accomplish anything (in the real world) look how many people complain about automatic renewal?, and i use the word "brainless" rather loosely when its warranted. The advertisements are intrusive, you turn on your Xbox and there are Flashing advertisements etc and other crap when your scrolling through, Cheers for your reply and the link anyway.

[quote user="MAJOR TWiTCHA"]

Emailing them doesn't accomplish anything (in the real world) look how many people complain about automatic renewal?, and i use the word "brainless" rather loosely when its warranted. The advertisements are intrusive, you turn on your Xbox and there are Flashing advertisements etc and other crap when your scrolling through, Cheers for your reply and the link anyway.

[/quote]

Flashing advertisements? Do you mean like the one for Zune that scrolls pics of different movies? How is that at all intrusive to what you are trying to do?

I don't even notice them. I'm either playing a game or watching Netflix anyways.

[quote user="Epic Louie"]

I don't even notice them. I'm either playing a game or watching Netflix anyways.

[/quote]

Problem is, you have to cycle through all the advertising just to get to netflix or even a movie stored on your computer

so starting a thread on the xbox forums complaining about advertisements that really dont effect anything at all.. is how to get stuff done in the "real world" huh.?

Hey, do you have cable or satellite on your TV? You have to watch adverts on most channels but you have to pay. Same thing. Plus, if you were offered thousands of money a month to have a company logo put on your car/bike would you refuse?

I rarely watch live TV these days because I don't like adverts. I rarely go to the cinema because I loathe having to pay to sit though adverts for products I have no interest in. I wont pay for a magazine where a third of its pages are adverts and the ad-block plug-in for my browser gets a whole lot of work.

When it comes to Live I often game with the Ethernet cable unplugged and I have auto sign-in turned off so when I want to stream something from my PC I don't have to see the adverts on the dashboard.

Plus I refuse to buy clothing where I am in effect a walking billboard for the company. 

[quote user="TheZer0Element"]

Hey, do you have cable or satellite on your TV? You have to watch adverts on most channels but you have to pay. Same thing. Plus, if you were offered thousands of money a month to have a company logo put on your car/bike would you refuse?

[/quote]

However when you subscribe to premium cable channels like HBO and Showtime, the only marketing you get is based on their programming. I am not going to see any automobile or cell phone ads while waiting to watch Dexter or Californication.

One of the major perks of pretty much every premium subscription service besides Xbox Live blocks 3rd party advertising.