XBox Live Acct. and Live.com Hacked and drained by FIFA consumables

I called support after changing my password to start an investigation and lockdown my account.

Days later I tried to log into my XBox and it said my Profile had to be downloaded to my XBox. Huh???

I logged back into live.com to check my account and happened to check my email addresses linked to my live.com account and found a chinese email address linked to my account. Huh??

Someone from support should have mentioned checking those AND someone investigating the case should have noticed a recently added email address from Chinaon my account and locked them out of changing my account over to their XBox, so that I didn't have to DL my Profile back to my XBox after the investigation started.

I never use my live.com account for anything except to login to my account on my XBox. Occasionally I log on to XBox.com from my Mac, like now. Never from Windows. Never from a PC. Never from an email. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Phone support didn't mention not logging into my account either, especially after I had already changed my password.  The hackers used my points to buy consumables, whatever those are.

Anyone who has this happen, make sure you change your:

1) change your XBox login code

2) password on live.com

3) security question on your live.com acct.

4) make sure there are not any linked email addresses that are not  yours attached to your live.com account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about this for you on the forums. It seems as if you've already started to talk with phone support about starting an investigation into your account. If that is the case, your account should have been locked down upon your request, if it wasn't you will need to speak with phone support again. It's asked that during an investigation like this from the XBOX Live Enforcement Team that you not login to the account to not show any new activity on the account so they have time to look through your account and see what's happened and return to you any lost or stolen points from the account. As far as FIFA consumables are concerned, I'm not quite sure what their stance is on returning consumables that were used while the account was not in your possession, they might ask you to speak with EA about that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings,

sorry to know that your account was compromised.

Xbox Phone Support are the only ones that will be able to assist you in such cases.

Regards

Sorry this didn't help.