Xbox Live Account

My Windows Live ID was deleted and now I can't access my Xbox Live account. I tried to associate my gamertag with a different Windows Live ID, it doesn't work. When I got to the parental permission part, the parental email box is blank and I can not enter anything in it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hey there annoyed, sorry to hear about the account issue! Okay, so it sounds like you're on a child account, correct? Is the person who set up the parent account available to help us out with this issue? :-)

Also, when you say changing your Live ID doesn't work, what do you mean exactly? What happens? Is there an error code? Please provide us with as much information as possible!  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm trying to associate my gamertag with a different Windows Live ID, as my old one was deleted. The person who set up my parent account isn't available as he is in college. It can enter all of my information, but when I got to the parent pemission part, I can't enter the email address at all. I've tried to contact Xbox Live Support, but they didn't really help. They said the Email address should already be filled out. However it isn't. Another agent told me to post it on Windows Live ID Forums, but they sent me here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Annoyed. If you had a GT and then the WLID that was attached to it is no longer active or available, you wouldn't be able to change it. You can try contacting phone support to see if they can assist you with a manual change. If not, I would suggest simply creating a new GT and WLID to use. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you. Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

How come there's an option to associate my gamertag with a different Windows Live ID whenever I get on the Xbox if that was impossible?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can change your WLID as long as your current WLID is active. If your current WLID is no longer active, then you would not be able to make this change on the console. I'm sorry for the confusion here. Again, the only folks that might be able to help you out with this would be phone support. If they cannot assist you, my recommendation is to create a new GT with your new WLID. I hope this helps, thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.