XBOX live account put on hold (suspended)

I tried signing into my XBOX account tonight and it gave me a message that my account was put on hold/suspended due to payment options.  I called XBOX live and the support agent told me that the reason my account was on hold was due to an unauthorized access claim that happened on August 21st, 2011.  The agent told me that once the fraud team gets ahold of my account, the investigation is usually completed in 24 to 72 hours, or 1-3 days.  I asked to be escalated to the agents supervisor.  I was escalated and the supervisor was able to tell me that the fraud team got ahold of my account on September 5, 2011.  It is September 9, 2011 and my account is still suspended.  That is 2 days longer than the quoted 3 days maximum the support AND supervisor told me to begin with.  This all started when someone joined my party that I didn't know so we kicked him, then he joined back and threatened to hack me.  He proceeded to call XBOX support team and feed them bogus information saying that MY account was actually his and that I had hacked him and changed the information.  He was trying to get the XBOX guy to give him my information so he could access my account.  The support guy filed an unauthorized access claim and that is how this all started.  I guess what I am trying to figure out is why this investigation is taking so long when all the fraud team would have to do is spend 5 minutes looking at my case and decide that this was just some kid trying to get access to an account that wasn't his.  I pay 60 dollars a year for XBOX live and I would think that they provide quality service and a secure account, but it seems to me that there are some loopholes that should be patched!!! I want help! Please help me!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

An Unauthorised Access case can take up to a month to complete, so you could have a long while yet to wait.

You will get compensated for any Gold time lost though, so don't worry about losing anything you've paid for.

I know this is frustrating but since this really is your account you have nothing to worry about. Unfortunately being a secure system means that every complaint must be looked into, bogus or not. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hey microsoft why is my sais that i have marketplace thef i always buy my stuff whit microsoft points you better check again ok ps it says that im suspended 12/31/9999 that account is blood and thuda

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="OddGlobe96068"]

hey microsoft why is my sais that i have marketplace thef i always buy my stuff whit microsoft points you better check again ok ps it says that im suspended 12/31/9999 that account is blood and thuda

[/quote]

They will not respond to you here. If you have any questions about your account post here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2194.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive been suspended for the same thing. First I was hacked like in January, got my account back. Now I have this stupid suspension. Called xbox told them about the problem and about how the hackers email is in almost all the apps, hulu, zune, etc. They said they were going to do in investigation thet would take up to 25 days!

Sorry this didn't help.