Xbox live account password forgotten

I had forgotten my password to my xbox, i cannot accept the terms and conditions so that means i cannot connect to xbox live. My email is a fake as my brother just tapped in random characters so i cannot access it.

Ive contacted xbox support but they were no use only running around in circles, Ive tried to tell them a different email mail it to (an updated one) but they kept on insisting i give go on the email that doesn't work. is there any other way i can get my password back.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Nope, you need to sign in with the e-mail associated with the account.  This is why you do not put in gibberish.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In order to change your password it is required that you prove the account is yours through you security proofs, either the phone you put on the account or the email that is on the account, other emails can work as long as they are verified proofs on the account. If the fake email is the only proof you have set up on the account then yes, that is the email that has to be used in order to pass the security verification. The issue can be fixed but it has to be fixed with Xbox Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.