XBOX Live account now locked out after

Was advised to post here in reference to my XBOX Live account get NOTORIOUS.

I received a message on my console sent Live yesterday regarding the Beta. I followed the instructions on the message and was unable to sign into the email part of my Microsoft account although I did have access to my XBOX Live account and was connected to the service. I attempted my secret answer and was unsuccessful. This email was created before mobile proofs where I could receive a text message with my mobile phone. I also attempted the recovery process but apparently I'm not able to provide enough information. I called Support (18004MYXBOX) and attempted to get more information on how to fill out the form. The agent informed me she would escalate to your security team and I would receive a response in 5-7 business days.

Also the information I've gathered through the support FAQ, your support team via call center, chat with xbox live ambassador, and chat with support as well as Twitter is leading me to believe everything I've had associated with my gamertag and xbox live is gone?

There was only one credit card tied to the account and that was called in and removed after a 30 day process prior to 2012. The card is cancelled and I no longer can provide that information. I use prepaid 3 month xbox live cards but the card my account is currently using has been thrown away and your support team wouldn't provide the last 5 digits of the prepaid code nor could I pull it up through my xbox live account. No emails ever sent from that account. I can provide previous reference #'s and the previous security question. Why in the recovery process does it not ask for the phone number associated with the account, street address, etc. I can provide every last piece of information with anything tied to my XBOX Live account but can't provide the password or security question I chose over a year ago.

Which I understand is my fault but I can't believe the agent on the phone would flat out lie to me when I asked if this would interfere with my xbox live. Now I can't access my Live because it's requiring my password. This was something I the owner of the account enacted and went to get support but instead I feel shunned, mainly because now I can't get online and play any of my games or access any of my content.

Are there next steps? Is my account now lost? I can provide anything and everything needed but these questions on the recovery form are very limited and what happens when that form doesn't work? Do I lost everything? Do I get a chance to speak with the security team and have the opportunity to prove who I am? I'm extremely lost here and honestly feel betrayed.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 426 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

More information.

I've followed the FAQ, tried the solutions listed and attempted and hit the limit on recovery form attempts and must try again in 24hrs.

But like I said there was a credit card associated with my account but it was removed from the account by calling in and waiting 30 days prior to 2012. The card is no longer active, expired long ago so it's impossible to provide the last 4 digits or exp. date however I did provide the full name that was on the card.

I can provide a reference # from 2012. I can provide previous Gamertag name changes that were years ago. Or any other questions in regards to my xbox account. I don't use my email associated with my XBOX Live account. I couldn't take advantage of 2 step verification or adding a mobile # because those weren't available to us back when I created the email address.

I have maybe used my email/password to login into my email, twice and the only reason they were created were so I could begin enjoying the XBOX Live service. Now after 5 years of my console always having this gamertag signed on automatically without asking for password it's locked me out and requiring a password that I honestly don't remember. Same with the security question. I've tried and tried and tried. I don't know wait to do, the questions on the recovery form are so narrow so basic it doesn't cover the close to 6 years I've had my account. No emails were sent, no folders created, no card on the account, but I'm on my XBOX. I know the history of the entire account on the service. I know the DLC I've bought, the digital games I've bought, I know my friends list,  I know my contact information, these are things I can provide with 100% accuracy.

Please help me. I assure you I will take advantage of the proofs that are now available. But I can't start over. I don't want to lose my XBOX Live account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Postwar,

Man this sounds like a frustrating situation. Let's see what we can do here.  

I don't think your account is lost. We should be able to get it back in your control, we just need to get this case in front of the correct people. To do so, I need a little more info. 

How long has it been since you were last in contact with support? Has it been the 5-7 days? Also just for clarity, the gamertag in question is "get NOTORIOUS"? 

Let us know, and we can go from there.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

I've yet to be contacted by support, I called (18004MYXBOX) on Saturday at 9am EST. At the time I was still connected to XBOX Live through my console. Now I'm completely locked out. I was told 5-7 business days for the security team to contact me and that could take until September 4th. However the agent told me my xbox live account would be fine and not locked out. Which was a complete lie, as when I turned my XBOX on during Saturday evening I needed my password for access.

Yes the gamertag in question is "get NOTORIOUS". Any information needed in regards to my XBOX Live account I will gladly provide. I am the account owner.

I have a twitter, a youtube, things that have a timeline and identify me as the account owner of "get NOTORIOUS" not to mention followers and subscribers on both sites who can conifrm my identify. I can provide digital purchases including games and DLC, season passes. I can provide the previous name changes to the gamertag. These should be things that help prove who I am as I can provide a detail history for a 5 close to 6 years account.

There's the information you requested, thanks for responding and let's get this fixed! Let me know what else to do please.

Sorry this didn't help.

Update - More Information. I received this email after attempted the questionnaire again and it was titled final update.

"Your security is important to us

Recently, we received several requests to gain access to (removed). Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership using the information that was provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and our careful account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity.

Now what?

Because there have been multiple unsuccessful recovery attempts for this account, we recommend at this point that you create a new account. It's quick and easy, and we have tools to help you import contacts, connect with Facebook, and even receive messages from multiple email accounts.

> Open a new account

With a new account, you’ll be able to use the following services across all of your devices:

Best-in-class email with unlimited storage at lightning speed and serious security.

Stay connected with friends and family, see social updates and chat with Facebook friends, and make ordinary moments memorable with video calls.

Free online storage for thousands of docs and photos, shared your way."

I can't just create a new account. That doesn't give me my Gamertag back. Nor the purchases or DLC associated with my XBOX Live account. Or the 5 years associated with the account. The security system has completely failed me. I didn't have access to my email account and by trying to get access to my email account, now you've removed access to my XBOX Live account and are requiring a password or security question I don't know because for the 5 years I've had this account I'd needed the password once and for every single day out of the year it's automatically signed me.

I would like to speak with someone who can provide me with information on the process, a timeline, and some answers. I was told nothing by 18004myxbox other than it would take 5-7 business days for the security team to contact me and my XBOX Live service would NOT be interrupted. Which was a lie as since Saturday evening it's been requiring a password, (And I called into support for help regarding the email account and instead of support now I'm worse off than I started), so I honestly don't know what's going on. I've used all resources available to me and I just want my account back.

How do I get my account back?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update

I can now provide the last 5 digits of the 3 month prepaid XBOX Live card my live account "get NOTORIOUS" is actively using or the entire code if needed. I can fax/email a copy of the invoice from Amazon. I also can provide several dates in which Microsoft points have been added to the account and what was purchased.

Also the IP I'm using on my computer, is the same IP for my XBOX and XBOX Live account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Postwar,

Alrighty, thank you for the info. Looking into your account, I do not see any SR cases open. As such, I would suggest giving Phone Support a call. They will be able to get this escalated to the correct people, and get your account back in your hands. 

I would do more if I could, but I do not have the magical account editing powers that phone support does. ;D 

Sorry this didn't help.

I called into Support on Saturday morning at 9am and the agent told me she had escalated the case to the security team. I chatted with support today through the chat option and the agent was able to access the reference # I gave the agent on the phone and did confirm the case had been escalated to the security team. The agent on chat then went ahead and created a follow up report and marked it as urgent. I was told 5-7 business days for a response.

So what happened to the escalation on Saturday and why was the agent on Support Chat able to pull up the case today on Monday? I don't understand. So I now need to call again and restart the entire process?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Ohnaka, here's another update.

So I called Support again after reading your reply and provided the agent with the reference # that was originally given to me on Saturday my 1st call to support. I was once again told my case has been sent to the Advocacy Team for my XBOX Live account "get NOTORIOUS". The agent confirmed that I had supplied the following information including my console ID which is the only console "get NOTORIOUS" has been on since I last replaced my XBOX360 which would be close to 2 years now. I referenced this forum and my thread inside of it, letting the agent on the phone know I was in fact in contact through the support forum as well and was told by official Microsoft Support that I needed to call in to get this escalated. The agent once again confirmed my case was already escalated on Saturday morning and Monday would be the 1st day into my 5-7 business day waiting period. But this time I was given some assurance and information by this agent which wasn't provided on my first call Saturday which leads me to believe it's just a waiting process until my case has been looked into and that within that time frame I will eventually get or start the process of getting my account back.

If you have any other information for me please let me know. I'll continue to keep this thread updated when I receive more information or if a reply is needed. Also I apologize for the posts with the poorly spaced paragraphs but for whatever reason when I click reply it doesn't recognize the spaces I've added, that is intended to not make your read a huge wall of text.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey no worries, and sounds good. I am now seeing those cases open on my end, so let's wait to see what the Advocacy team says, and we can go from there. Keep us updated!

Sorry this didn't help.

Final update.

My account has been returned to me and I've now updated my security proofs so I shouldn't have this problem again. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.