XBox Live Account not connecting

New to XBOX!  I created a free profile on my PC using my live.com account.  I tried to connect to XBox live, I used the original gamertag that the system gave to me when I tried to connect to Live.  Didn't work.  It told me "This Windows Live ID ia associated with a differnt gamerta.  Enter anohter Windows Live ID and Password."

So I logged out of everything on my PC..I thought maybe I logged in wrong....nope.  I used the right account and password.  I checked my xbox live account and the correct email address is used to try to log onto the XBox.

So...I changed my gamertag (actually I didn't realize that I could, so I did)  It is still giving me the same error.  I quit unless I get help.  Bought this for my son to play online with his friends, having mega problems getting it set up, but nothing that I haven't been able to figure out.  This one has me stumped.  Help

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Contact xbox  customer support go here http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/contact-us.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So you are unable to create a GT, or are you unable to connect to LIVE after creating an account?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am unable to connect to xbox  LIVE after creating an XBOX LIVE accout online.  It keeps telling me to use a different Windows Live Account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Use this guide for recovering your profile to the console (forums.xbox.com/.../37357.aspx). It sounds like you are trying to create a new GT on the console instead of importing the one you already made.

Sorry this didn't help.