Xbox Live Account Locked

I recently got an error trying to upgrade my Xbox Live account to Gold. Upon going to Xbox Support Chat, they notified me that my account is locked due to fraudulence or unauthorized access. They then told me that the Advocacy team would be contacting me to get the account unlocked. So far I have received no word from the Advocacy team, and phone support directed me here.

This should be a quick and simple fix, but so far everyone at Microsoft support is just trying to pass the problem off. How can I get this fixed soon?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

please create your own thread and do not simply write "same error". note what you try to do and what happens then.

additionally please read exactly what is posted before, because there is a solution given...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Hobo,

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to enjoy Xbox Live.

Looking into your account, it looks like you originally contacted them yesterday (8/26). It usually takes a week or so for the Advocacy Team to get back to you, so I would suggest hanging tight. 

No one is trying to "pass the problem off" to anyone. Your case just needs to get in front of the correct people, which is where it is at now with the Advocacy Team. 

If they haven't gotten back to you by 9/5, post back letting us know, and we will see what's going on. 

Sorry this didn't help.