Xbox live account hacked...points spent on random crap.

My Xbox account has been hacked and all of my points have been spent on FIFA crap. I don't even own FIFA. I've called Microsoft support 3 times now and have gotten the same response each time. It is being investigated. I've had absolutely no contact from anyone at Microsoft and have been told that I should have gotten a response in 72 hours. I've been told that the investigation could take up to 2 weeks; which have already passed. I had over 4000 points on my account and now I have nothing. If I can't trust Microsoft with my money I'm going to stop spending money with them. I simply want the points back so I can actually spend them on things that I want to play. Can I please get a response from someone at Microsoft that isn't, "just keep waiting."

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same crap happened to me last week. Xbox account under investigation, so can't sign into Live or upload achievements :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I got an email about ordering 6000 points and did not order them.This f*cking sucks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunatly due to groups like lulzsec releasing peoples email address, password, and personal info getting 'Hacked' over XBL and other services (WoW, Netflix, Amazon, Ect.) has been more rampant, even banks are getting backlogged due to all of this. Don't blaim Microsoft for something they could not have predicted, they protected their system, and didn't think their protection would be circumnavigated by some hacking their competitors and partners

Sorry this didn't help.

Katarinite - call your bank and report the fraud - Like now - You will get that $$ back way before the points you had in  your live account.

Just for the cat in me - did either of you have the same login info for PSN that was hacked?

Sorry this didn't help.

I know you pain broseph my account got hack and the cheeky bugger changed the name and bought over £100 worth of mcrosoft points.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dave: Not to sound like a broken record, but two of us have suggested that you need to contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) if you feel your account was compromised. They are the only ones who can open an Unauthorized Access Investigation and return your account to you. Please do this now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I don't have any XBox Rockstar games and I don't believe I was signed up for the club, however...the game he played and downloaded things for was Red Dead Redemption. Maybe he wrote a program to help him do the hacking and manage it and just put Rockstar games on the list. Then again, maybe the lowlife who did the "phishing," as you politically correct sticklers prefer, just likes to play Rockstar games on other people's accounts. And FIFA 11 apparently. I just can't see an M.O. here except an elaborate prank: "Haha, I got your account loser, I'm just gonna buy and play Rockstar games." Pretty stupid in my opinion.

Sorry this didn't help.

This happened to me yesterday! (Sept. 27, 2011). Except, they bought 10,000 points (in two packages) and spent it all on "Premium Gold Pack", and "Gold Pack", whatever that is. I also noticed FIFA 11 on my recently played games. I'm  out of 'effin $125!

I've emailed the support at Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had my account taken too, lucky for me I caught it fast. I was online playing at the time with my son when I was suddenly logged out. A minute later I showed up logged in on his friends list. I was able to get on my WLID and change my password back within about 10 minutes, but even that wasn't enough to stop the guy from buying 6000 MS points and then getting on FIFA 11. I got my account back fast enough that he didn't get to spend any of the points, but now I have to go through an investigation to get my money back because I have no need for the points and need the money right now.

I think Menial might have a point about the Rockstar Social Club. Never had any such problems before, but I did recently sign up for the social club since I was playing RDR.

Sorry this didn't help.

contact support

investigations start immediately once filed

the accounts are LOCKED

@zyx if you use the same email and password and gamertag as your PSN how is that MS's fault?

really ms didn't tell you to use the same details as every other website

(people use it for conviences but really that makes your user security weak as thats like using the same PIN on every single bank account and someone steals your wallet)

Sorry this didn't help.