Xbox LIVE account hacked

About a week or two ago, my Xbox LIVE account was hacked. I never gave out any information to anyone, and I was not phished. I'm not sure if the stolen account was hacked through EA, or Bungie, but I had an account on both websites. When I took a look at my Bungie profile on my hacked account, I saw that my recent activity was last seen on the day I was hacked. Is that a sign that it could've been hacked through that website? Anyways, I'd appreciate any form of help. There was $250 charged to my PayPal account for various games and a 6000 Microsoft Points bundle. I was able to contact PayPal and they're trying to resolve the issue. I've heard rumors that Microsoft's Investigation Team normally doesn't get most accounts back. Can somebody explain exactly what's going to happen please?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

It isn't EA or Bungie who hacked your account. It's the fact that you give phishing websites OR other people your E-mail and password. It may also have been hacked if you use the same password for all websites you visit. You may have also given a "friend" your e-mail and password in this case

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ignore Mertacus, he doesn't know what he is on about. There is an epidemic of hacking going around at the moment which has nothing to do with phishing or  passing details around. I'm guessing you have illicit activity on your account relating to Fifa 12. The only thing you can do is to contact Xbox phone support and they will lock down your account for around a month (if you are lucky) while they investigate.

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers Pedgeth some people are finally starting to understand.  OP call MS and start an investigation into your account ASAP.  Change all passwords and security questions too.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oddly enough, an old friend contacted me telling me that my account name was changed to Archenemy l666l. If it helps, the account was hacked supposedly from Mexico, and they bought Saints Row 2, Deathsmiles 2, Resident Evil 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and 6000 Microsoft Points. I already contacted MS and the bank, I'm just worried I'll never get my account back. I never played any FIFA games.

Sorry this didn't help.

My account also appears to have been hacked. I'll be contacting microsoft ASAP.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone, I hacked my account back. The hacker [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR WLID] changed my GT, but I managed to hack it back from him and report his e-mail for child p*rnography so his e-mail may have been disabled. I called MS with the good news, now I just need to further protect my profile.

Sorry this didn't help.