XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT HACKED

My account was hacked tonight and 10000 points purchased and used to buy fifa 12 stuff.  Recovered my gamertag and even though I never play fifa I have got achievements for FiFa 12 which was only out today.  I contacted Microsoft and like most have been informed that my account is frozen and it will take up to 21 days to sort.  Surely if this has been going on now for a while Microsoft should've put some security on their system to flag anyone purchasing similar amounts of points.  I await the outcome.  But for now I am £85 out of pocket..

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dude the same exact just happened to me.  Someone was playing fifa 12 and made ultimate team purchases because i have achievements that say it.  They did not make purchases but dude use the points i already had in my account.  it gets me really vexed that someone dips*** has no life playing fifa 12 stealing peoples accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

same has just happened to me 6000 points that i didnt buy and a ultimate team achivement that i didnt get

Sorry this didn't help.

If you feel your account has been compromised, please call phone support asap to file an unauthorized access claim: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. They said it would take 25 days to investigate and my account will be locked in the meantime. I did some investigating of my own and found articles and posts about this happening with FIFA 11. Back then, it was apparently a loophole in EA's account system where people can get info via EA's support and use that info to recover your account via MS or something. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but EA made a statement saying it would be fixed in the next FIFA. This is the next FIFA and due to charges to my card I may not be able to get my car fixed in time to avoid a $1k registration citation. The charges when through on my birthday. Le sigh.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.  Something HAS to be going on, as again my account was moved to another console, points purchased using my console for FIFA 12.  When reported, have been told it will take 30 (!) days to investigate, but in the mean time I cannot use my profile to log in, so i'm penalised for my account somehow being hacked.      So no, online Gears 3, no loading my save game profiles or earning additional gamer points for a month!   Why does it take so long to just give me my account back and still go on and investigate the fraud too...

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to join in. I too had my account hacked in the exact same manner. They purchased 6000 MS points and then made Fifa 12 purchases.

This all happened on Monday 3/10/11 and i contacted the telephone support immediately. I too have been told the same 25 days to sort and i would not have access to my account.

Today i have managed to log in and im actually recovering my Gamer Tag. surely i should not be able to do this as it would suggest that they have done nothing about it ?

Fifa appears in my recently played and so do the achievements

Confirmed just recovered my gamer tag and have full access !!!! i cant remove my credit card so what the hell are MS playing at ?

- Some one could easily abuse the system again

- im still £51 down from the thieves who stole my account.

Gonna call them again

Sorry this didn't help.

This is all too common my account was stolen and migrated to Russia.  I got the account back but now am being told there is no way for them to bring it back to an American account thus losing most of it's functionality.  As an 8 year loyal subscriber i'm shocked that my only option is to start from scratch.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/99880/473740.aspx#473740

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happen to me. Looks like started 9/29/2011 but didn't catch it until 10/3/2011 when the charges showed up on my card and received an email.

I called support right away and my bank. Getting a new card and got the 28 day investigation spiel from tech support.

Sorry this didn't help.

I spoke to support who informed me that they had put a block on any live purchases. This means that i still have access to x-box live.

They did say however that the likely hood of the account being completely suspended when they start the investigation is very high.

The thing that bugs me is they appear not all interested that this had happened to a number of people.

Sorry this didn't help.

I got hit on the 29th and was on the phone with support when the were trying to add more points but were blocked. I changed my id password and tired to recover my gamertag but now its not there and a new gamertag for a silver membership is. I am going to call support again tommorrow and see why this is and also find out why they refunded the second purchase but not the first 4000 point one.

Sorry this didn't help.