Xbox Live Account Hacked with MS points used on Gold purchases HELP!

I signed on Live today and had a pop-up notice that said my account was accessed " by another xbox 360 console." I checked my download history on xbox.com and the most recent download was PREMIUM GOLD PACK and PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO on 2/12/2012, which I never bought. Now my MS point balance is at 10, and I'm still a free Live member. Luckily I didn't have my credit card info saved in my billing options.

PLEASE help refund my MS points, and what I need to do to avoid future hacks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You need to call support and have them start an unauthorized access investigation in order to get a refund.

This page has all you need to know about account security - www.xbox.com/.../Account-Security

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the same thing happened to me today, through my paypal acct, which I just set up on Sunday for the 2 months gold for 2 dollars deal. I have contacted paypal about it, and they have started an investigation. I also went through all the recommended changes to your security if this happens to you. It says to call support on the phone if this happens to you. I have gone through the whole process of contacting support, and when it gets to the final page, all the selections are kind of dimmed out and none of the buttons function, so at this point, there's no way to contact them

Sorry this didn't help.

they downloaded the exact same things from my account as yours, which I never purchased either, just sayin..

Sorry this didn't help.

I talked with a customer support on chat and got an investigation report going. Thanks. I hope they refund my 2000+ MS points. I was saving that for the Crimson Dragon game. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

just be prepared to wait over a month, they will say it will only take a week or so, but it will drag on

I'm going on 18 days, and mine didn't even involve my credit card

Sorry this didn't help.

Just got mine hacked an hour ago! I called and started the 'unauthorized' access form thing and they said it would only be a week - sounds like I'm in for a month ride or more. I'me going to dispute with my PayPal account too since it was the linked payment method. What a huge problem! You'd think they would figure out what is happening and close the loop, it's got to be costing them thousands of dollars in man-hours to answer all the calls and handle all the refunds and research. I don't think I had an EA account but looks like they tried to set one up in my name. Somehow they accessed the Xbox live section though. There was a Windows live authorization email waiting for me saying that this email address: [mod removed]  had been added to my account as a secondary email. I clicked the "I did not authorize this email" option and Live.com says it was removed but obviously not soon enough.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Data, I'm sorry to hear about your account, but if you already called phone support to open an investigation, then you're on the right track. That team will be able to help return your account to you. :-) Let us know if you have any questions!

Sorry this didn't help.

The estimated time is under a week and that's accurate.  If your case is over that you may be missing vital information and missed a callback.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah this happened on another gamertag of mine, because my ea password was the same as my xbox login.  they actually used zune to access my gamerpoints though, so I didnt get a profile recovery pop-up.  xbox refunded the points they used, but they didnt do anything with my credit card that I could tell.  but they linked my gamertag to their email and ea account, and linked their gamertag to my ea account.  so any ea game i have/had stats for I cant play and actually retain the stats because my ea account is actually attached to this jerks gamertag.  mircosoft did right by me, within 3 days, their chat option online on here is very helpful....ea's chat is terrible.  always call ea, and always use MS chat reps.  then email the whole chat convo to you. good luck, im still waiting on EA to fix this, but it is totally something with their servers that they refuse to publicly admit even though they know its going on.  Im in texas not the uk, how hard is it to fix an issue like this =P

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually had somebody buy some Star Wars outfit for my Avatar (400 points I believe?) A LOOONG time ago (over a year ago) and I didn't know that we should call microsoft to help with the dispute...

Anybody think it would be worth a shot to call them and try to get that helped, or has it [unfortunately] been too long?

Sorry this didn't help.