Xbox Live account hacked stolen microsoft points

About a week or so ago, I was getting off xbox and go to bed and such... went to dashboard to check up to see if anything special came up on spotlight, inside xbox e.t.c, Look at my account and 10,000 Microsoft points??? (over 120$ USD) as soon as i found out, I went to my email, and the password was changed. Luckily, I had my mobile number to text me if I had a lost pass, so I changed it and soon got access to my email. Went to my xbox folder to where all my xbox related emails come in and 2 purchases of 6000 and 4000 microsoft points were made the morning before at 4 AM. I immediately changed the password. I soon called Microsoft RIGHT AFTER. I spoke with the rep and told him the story and was very professional about it and very sincere. He told me that it was confirmed that someone changed the pass and changed the secret question. (which was in "symbolic letters") Reassured that no one spent the points right after, and no one has access to my xbox other than me, I know that no one else spent the points than someone who wanted my account. And also the points were spent on the Xbox Live website, because you can buy Microsoft Points on here as well, and I had access to my account on Xbox, surprisingly.

They started the investigation about Monday or so. Now I have to wait it out. (up to 25 buisness days, past the gears of war 3 date which i was super pumped about...)

Now they're up to the status of pending resolution...

but I post on these forums to hear if they've had successful cases like this, and if anyone can help me from the Microsoft Staff As in if they got they're money refunded and such. I'm worried because as of right now, I'm desperate for money, I need to pay off bills, insurance, and e.t.c and I can't wait the 25 days. 120$ is alot, and I've researched up alot of cases like this, and no resolve.Luckily I have this account to last gears 3 for a bit, but my original reached rank 100 and I want the bonuses lol.

Yes patience is a virtue, I realize that, but when it happens to yourself as such, it takes a toll. Especially if your not making that much. I've already canceled my auto renewal for my other account, and made a huge note when I call them saying to remove the card as soon as the investigation is done. I've been calling them every day, and continue to do so, as such. This is my money, I NEED IT.

P.S No I did not distribute any information about my account, or my personal details on the internet nor, does any virus that I know of exists on this computer. No one knows my password but me. If anything, they probably used a brute force program on my WLID that I've heard about.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

You have already done what has been needed and contacted the only people who can help your situation right now. You just need to wait for them to finish their investigation.

I do have one question though. Do you use the e-mail and password for your XBL account on any other website/service? If you do, stop. You should have a seperate e-mail and password for just your XBL account that you do not use anywhere else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My account was hacked too,  just a few days ago too. 3 x 6000 points about $300 Canadian  some how that makes your points sound alot cheaper. Just call your credit card people to report the fraud.  They will do the transaction reversal.  Mine did (or will eventually), getting a new card too.  You would think  it should take about 25 minutes work to confirm what I.P. address was used, not 25 business days.   Given that there are likely others too,  it makes you .wonder what is up and how they are getting our passwords, and when Microsoft will be puting out a warning.   Amex didn't seem to care how the fraud happened.  They just want to give me a new card so we can do it all over again.  Microsoft at least recommended that I change my password.  I'm still wondering why the unspent points are on my account since I did not buy  them.   I'm also wondering why I had to clear the download queue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Lock: I'm glad to hear you got your money sorted out, but I would also recommend contacting phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) to make sure that nothing else is off with your account. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I did call support too ( That was implied by Microsofts reccomendation to reset the password).   My account did get suspended for a couple of weeks during their investigation, but they gave me some id's to redeem.   I still have to do that, as it failed on my first try but that should make up for the missing time.   My suggestion to Microsoft is that if someone transfers an id to a new xbox that they must re-enter the credit card security digits before money can be spent.

Sorry this didn't help.

Good luck. I'm on my 2nd investigation.

1st investigation was started on July 9th. I called in August 15th to find out that the 1st investigation was close and was never contacted via email that it was closed. So I had them launch a second investigation and it's still open as we speak. Lucky for me I didn't have a card on file. Also in my case the account was migrated to Brazil and used to buy some Call of Duty Black Ops Map Pack and 2 arcade games. I don't even own that game either. This all from back in July.

Also I play mostly single player games too. I don't use the same password as any other site. I don't have any viruses and I rarely even sign on to Xbox.
Didn't see how much of a problem this really was until it happened to me. Seems worse to me then what my relatives went through with the PS3.

Sorry this didn't help.

hello theres not much you can do apart from wait im sorry for the inconveinance you will be able to get your money back when the enforcement team has finished there investagations im sorry but there is no way around this so sit tight and wait

we apolagise for the inconveinance

Sorry this didn't help.