xbox live account and windows live account merge?

I just got an xbox 360 and made an xbox live account.  I did not realize that an xbox live account was the same as a windows live account.  Is there a way to merge these two accounts? I want my gamertag to be the name on my windows live account. is there a way to eliminate my xbox live account and use my windows live account instead so I can have my name there? I would also have to transfer the one 3 month subscription over. I would also be willing to eliminate my windows live account so i could have my gamertag from there

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 154 Applies to:

Sorry, but there is no way to merge accounts or completely delete accounts from the servers. You can download your windows live account to the xbox in order to use it - support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

If you just added the 3 months, you can call support and they should be able to cancel the subscription and give you a token to redeem the rest of the subscription on the account you want it use it on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am not sure about the subscription, but if you go here you should be able to link the accounts: support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.