Xbox kicks me out of installed game then loses memory until re-boot

Hi I've had my 250gb Xbox for about a year and no problems so far until last week...I'll be playing CoD:MW2 or GoW2 (both of which are installed) and whilst playing online the game will crash taking me back to the dashboard, game window in 'My Xbox' will state 'Opening' and console has a flashing green light in centre of main button, I scroll along 'My Xbox' and my game library disappears and when I scroll further along to 'System Settings' and select 'Memory' I'm told 'No storage devices found.' Of my 250gb memory I have 162gb free so it doesn't seem to be a memory space issue, disk based games are installed so are only inserted for verification purposes, I have an extended warranty package but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this issue a new a quick fix? Any help/information appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sounds like the hard drive is failing to me, I would use the warranty you have to return to Microsoft.

Sorry its not better news dude.

Ninja

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not the answer I wanted but thanks for posting nonetheless, CoD:MW3 coming in the next few weeks just hope I can get it sorted in time :-/ thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox is en-route from UK to MS Germany....not sure I'll get an answer about the issue but if I do I'll post it here

Sorry this didn't help.