Xbox keeps turning off and on when I try to download to my hard drive

Hi.  Yesterday I tried to download the civilization game that was free on xbox 360 yesterday and when it started to download to my hard drive the console started to turn itself off and on.  It'll stay on for a few seconds but then turn off and then the cycle repeats.  I've got the xbox 360 slim and bought the 250gb hard drive for it and never had any problems until now..This only happens now if it's downloading something so I don't know if my hard drive is corrupted or if there's something else going on.  It let me download a DLC just a moment ago but then when I tried to download another DLC for the same game it started doing that cycle again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Where did you purchase the hard drive from?  Have you tried removing the drive and then reinserting it?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I got it off of amazon about 2-3 years ago..not long after I bought my xbox.  I've tried reinserting it but it kept doing it.  I've tried deleting some games off it to open up some space(It had 80gb left on it so idk if that had anything to do with it)but I've not tried to download anything again yet.  Guess I'm afraid it might do it again

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.