xbox keeps shutting Down

Ok, So every time I start to play a game, no matter if it is online or campaign mode my system **** down on me. No matter if it is connected or not connected to my cat5 cord. The system will run for an hour idle, but if I go into a game and start to play (both MW2 or CTD) it shuts down. So I said *** it and got a system from a buddy of mine who didn't need it anymore and hooked it up at my house. Now his system is doing the same exact thing mine was doing. I changed the following..  Different power cords, different xbox 360 systems, different controllers, different power plugs at the house, different games, on the internet off the internet, and different poster supplies for the controller. the only item I cannot change due to lack of having 2 of them was audio, video cables, however could these even remotely have a chance of shutting a system down only when playing a game. I am ready to through them out the window.  Can anyone give me and idea? When i say the system shuts down, the first time I pull the trigger or try to move it completely shuts powers down. even with a different xbox. I have no idea what could be causing this. I have changed every variable but the actual tv itself, and the A/V cable.  Please help!  thoughts? O'yea, I get no red rings or any warnings..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Um in the first sentacnce you spelled "Shut" wrong...

Have you tired a Different Hard drive by any chance? Try borrowing a friends HDD and try playing a game. If it works. Your hard drive is defective

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Great! Happy Gaming :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Oops, with the misspelled word. Honestly that was a mistake.  To answer your question and to clarify, the other system has a 120g separate hard drive. When I say a swapped systems, I compelely swapped them. Nothing from mine xbox was used except 2 different games, and the second system shuts down as we. The only comon itmes is the a/v cables. Sorry about the misspelled word, autocorrect must have gotten me. LOL

Sorry this didn't help.

The different game systems have different power cords, so yes inhale tried that too.   Thanks for the reply!  Please keep ideas coming!

Sorry this didn't help.

You should try a different a-v cable and a different tv if at all possible

Also when you say "shut down" do you mean that the power light on the console goes out or just simply a black screen?

Sorry this didn't help.

It was the av cables. I have no idea, but removed them and plugged them back in and it was working like a champ!  Thanks!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

UM Youve tried different power cords?

Sorry this didn't help.