Xbox keeps restarting?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Okay, so here’s the problem. A few days ago my xbox started restarting itself at random intervals. I get to play a game for about twenty minutes and then my xbox shuts down and starts back up again. It also happens every time I try to install a game to the hard drive and every time an achievement should be rewarded.

I have browsed the internet a bit looking for a possible cause, but I seem to be the only one with this problem.

I have tried replacing the power supply, replacing the hard drive and replacing the hdmi cable, but none of that has done the trick.

The console is an older model; the ones that have come out right before the xbox slim and I haven’t modify it or even ever opened it before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

Okay, I see you tried using a different power supply, display cable, and you tried running the console without the HDD attached, but you still encountered the same issue. At this point, I recommend trying a different wall outlet, preferrably in another room (make sure you're not connected through a surge protector, either. If you encoutner the same issue, your console will need to be repaired or replaced. You can check your warranty status and set a repair up here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your help, but I tried using various other wall outlets and it didn't work. Seems the only thing left to do is to buy a new one. Thanks anyway.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.