Xbox keeps randomly disconnecting

Hey guys, as of recently I seem to be having some bad issues with my xbox and connection, I keep getting disconnected from xbox live, it seems to be if my brother signs in on his xbox I disconnect straight away but this was never an issue before.

I tried to manual connect and the problem seemed to worsen, I would have an OPEN NAT but would be more likely to disconnect, I then tried to automatically connect and I would be STRICT NAT meaning I cant connect to some friends.

I contacted xbox support on Twitter and they said to contact my manufacturer of the router, which is cisco but can't seem to find anything for Ireland or my router model. I honestly havn't a clue how to fix this, so I am open to suggestions!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi. The first thing to check is that your brother isn't using your Xbox Live login. Each login can only be used on a single console at a time. If that's not the case then what kind of connection do you have between your Xbox and your router? Is it cabled or using WiFi? If it's using WiFi, which channel are you using and do you still get the error if you use a cabled connection? There is a diagnostic guide here that may also help: support.xbox.com/.../connectivity-solutions

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.