Xbox keeps disconnecting like crazy. really annoying

Ok so I can stay online for at least 10-15 minutes, and then disconnects, I use a wireless adapter, D-Link Wireless G router that we had since 2007, and I have an open NAT, Wasn't doing this until 5 months ago. I know I had low bandwidth before and it  wouldn't disconnect, but would just lag alot. But now, it just disconnects all the time.Can I have some help please? I know I may not be able to talk about this on the forums, but my PS3 never disconnects, and also is wirelessly connected. Why does my xbox disconnect, when my other system won't? Could it be because an Xbox  requires more bandwidth compared to other systems? or is it something I don't know about? Whoever reads this I thank them for their time.

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there, have you tried to reset your network settings for the XBOX 360 - this can be done by going to My XBOX > System Settings > Network Settings. Try that out and see if it still does the same thing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="NinetyShooter02"]

Ok so I can stay online for at least 10-15 minutes, and then disconnects, I use a wireless adapter, D-Link Wireless G router that we had since 2007, and I have an open NAT, Wasn't doing this until 5 months ago. I know I had low bandwidth before and it  wouldn't disconnect, but would just lag alot. But now, it just disconnects all the time.Can I have some help please? I know I may not be able to talk about this on the forums, but my PS3 never disconnects, and also is wirelessly connected. Why does my xbox disconnect, when my other system won't? Could it be because an Xbox  requires more bandwidth compared to other systems? or is it something I don't know about? Whoever reads this I thank them for their time.

[/quote]

When you say you "had low bandwidth before..." does that mean that you have recently upgraded your internet service to a higher bandwidth package?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello mate.

Can you answer some questions for me?

When you do the connection test, how strong a connection to your router does your 360 get?

Where is your PS3 in comparison to the 360, and is it nearer to the router?

When you set up your wireless connection, are there other networks also in range?  If there are have you tried changing your wireless channel?

Sorry this didn't help.

Both systems are in same place.It's only the xbox that has these problems. I used to have low bandwidth issues since we had too many computers on the router. we had three of them connected back then 5 months ago. I took my computer off the internet for good since it was a very slow computer, Haven't used it since. Now all we have connected to the router is my mother's laptop, and my dad's work pc. The router itself is right above the basement, on the ground floor. The basement is where I have all my systems,and games. When I took my computer off the internet the xbox still lagged but it didn't start disconnecting until a few days later..if I can recall that happened when I turned gaming mode on, while checking the router configuration webpage, cause I thought hmmm... maybe that's why it's lagging so much. And that's when all this disconnecting started. We didn't upgrade the internet service since we had BELL internet which is good enough. Sorry if my topics are off track, but this is pushing me mad to the maximum. I just don't know if the xbox needs more bandwidth than other systems, or if it's due to the fact that gaming mode should be turned back off, because since i turned that on the disconnecting began.

Sorry this didn't help.

and also, I don't want to fool around with wireless channels, but when I get the time, I will. But if it affects the computers on our network, then I have to put it back the way it was at.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you didn't have any problems before turning on gaming mode, then definitely turn that off and see if it helps.

Changing the wireless signal shouldn't have any affect on the other computers in your household.  They should automatically identify the different channel and connect just fine.  Changing the wireless channel could help get you get a better wireless signal by easing interference, especially if your neighbors have wireless networks, too. 

When you disconnected your computer did you relocate the router at all?  Is it near any large metal objects like a refrigerator or filing cabinet?  Also, is it near any cordless phones or a microwave?  You want to avoid having the router near any of those items as they can all interfere with the wireless signal.

Do you know what bandwidth package your family has (download/upload speeds) ?  The lag is likely due to not enough bandwidth to support all the devices that are connected to your network.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is happening to ALOT of people and its very annoying. It has to a problem with the Xbox live/ Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is happening to me too, I use an eircom modem. It only happened after we switched back to eircom, Are there any settings you can change to help this?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought it was just me.  I am getting disconnected alot as well.  What I did find very interesting though is, If I insert a game into the system tray, that is when I get disconnected ( I tried several different games Madden, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty). But, there is a but, when I take the game out, I'm able to connect to xbox live again.  Has anyone else experienced that?

Sorry this didn't help.

i got this problem too.I made my internet slower (download speed was 128kb/s now it is 64/kb/s) and xbox decided to annoy me by disconnecting from xbox live every 3-4 minutes.what i have to do?????i got wired DSL internet.please can you  help me????? it makes me mad :(((((((( :@  I need your help please please help me. that g*ys**tstation3(playstation 3) never makes things like that with my friends.

Sorry this didn't help.