Xbox isn't accessing DNS settings.

I've had issues the last couple of days with connecting to LIVE. I've done it as I've always done it by going directly through my modem. It acquires the IP Settings and Address just fine, but when it comes to the DNS settings, all the values remain at 0.0.0.0. Resetting the Modem doesn't seem to be any help. Anyone have any information on why this is happening?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Alright, I resolved the issue by going through my old router. I followed all the steps on the DNS sticky on the first page and none of them helped. I mean, I've been using my modem for years now and I know when it's a problem on my IP's side. Also, I don't know if this is related in anyway, but I figure it's worth mentioning. This problem started happening when I enabled cloud saves. Just maybe something that Support should be aware of in case this happens to anyone else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Pyth (excellent GT, may I say).  Thanks for the info and for the update.  Have you hit up your modem manufacturer at all?  They might also have suggestions on it.  It's kinda odd that the router would give you a better connection, but as long as you are online that's what's most important to me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.