Xbox is locked to the wrong region, customer service won't help me

Hi, for some reason my xbox live account thinks I am in the US, how can I change this to the UK - It's preventing me using lots of services like netflix iplayer e.t.c.

This is really fustrating me, I keep contacting customer services over the last few years and every time they say they will call me back they don't

You're locking me out of more and more and more services all the time and it's not fair. 

I'm at the point now where if this is not rectified I will be voting with my feet and leaving xbox live permanently.

Starting a new account and losing all of my content and gamer tag is not an acceptable solution.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

There is no way to change the region on any account.

There was a migration tool but that was for new countries, UK was a launch country so you will never be able to migrate to it.

You will have to make a new GT with the correct region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Massacre Blues"]

Hi, for some reason my xbox live account thinks I am in the US, how can I change this to the UK - It's preventing me using lots of services like netflix iplayer e.t.c.

Once an account is created the region can not be changed. Last I knew Netflix was only available to the US and Canada, not the UK. 

This is really fustrating me, I keep contacting customer services over the last few years and every time they say they will call me back they don't

You're locking me out of more and more and more services all the time and it's not fair. 

If you have a US account and do not live in the US then you will experience issues using the Marketplace and features as well as getting certain region locked content.

I'm at the point now where if this is not rectified I will be voting with my feet and leaving xbox live permanently.

The only way to rectify this is by you creating a new region correct account. In your case that would be a UK one. 

Starting a new account and losing all of my content and gamer tag is not an acceptable solution.

When you created your account, what region did you select as your live in region? If not the UK, why not? Were you trying to gain access to content not available to your region at that time? Your content would not be lost. So long as you do not change consoles then all accounts on the console will be able to share content, avatar items and Call of Duty Elite Subscription excluded. 

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.

Should point out us on the best side of the Atlantic got Netflix last month. £7 a month for a subscription.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="VernierSlake"]

Should point out us on the best side of the Atlantic got Netflix last month. £7 a month for a subscription.

[/quote]

Really? Then where is SkyPlayer for us in the US? There are alot of shows/movies I like but they aren't available here. How do you like Netflix so far? I'd like it more if they updated the listings more often. Thanks for the info by the way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

We haven't got anywhere near the selection you lot across the pond have. Sky Player picks up the slack a little but I doubt many people are going to look to fork out for subscriptions to two different services.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would if the selection was worth it. Over here many people already pay for both Netflix and Hulu Plus, Sjy would just be another option. I hope your Netflix gets better though.

Sorry this didn't help.