xbox is locked out from live services.

I recently opened up my xbox, because my dvd drive *** the bed. I replaced it with a drive from my friends old red ringed xbox. It's now saying that I cannot ever connect to xbox live again, because apparently the people at microsoft think I hacked or modded it. Some guy on the support line told me they might be able to check it out on here and possibly release the ban, since I did no such hacking. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but if it is, could someone please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Not an official answer.

If you fix a 360 yourself its considered as tampering, so MS will ban the console from the service.

You can still use it offline but you would need to buy another 360 if you wanted to connect to LIVE.

Console ban FAQ.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The ONLY authorized repair center for the Xbox 360 console is through Microsoft themselves. The use of any other repair center, including self repairs, is strictly forbidden as per the Terms of Service that you and everyone else agreed to when joining XBL.

The replacement of your DVD drive by you would be the reason for your console ban. There is much more involved than just swapping out the disc drive and/or firmware. If you wish to connect to XBL ever again then you will need to buy another console.

Just an FYI, modding and/or hacking is not the only reason for a console ban.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Eimanatox"]I recently opened up my xbox, because my dvd drive *** the bed. I replaced it with a drive from my friends old red ringed xbox.[/quote]Self-repair is prohibited as per the Terms of Use.[quote]Some guy on the support line told me they might be able to check it out on here and possibly release the ban[/quote]Support is wrong.[quote]I'm not sure if this is the right place to post,[/quote]It isn't. If you follow the steps from here, to Sign In Problems, to console bans, then down to the first FAQ question, you'll find you're supposed to post in this forum over here. Make sure your Wndows live ID e-mail is working or you won't see their response.

Sorry this didn't help.