Xbox is connected to internet, but won't do the Upgrade.

Our Xbox 360 is connecting us to the internet (wireless) But won't let us do the upgrade when it pops up. Without the upgrade, we can't get on Xbox Live at all! It was due to error code xxxx-xxxx-xx8x-xxxx-8007-2751. We followed all the support instructions except 4 & 5, because we don't have a way to transfer anything to a USB drive, or burn  the update to a CD. PLEASE HELP! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you tried to clear your system cache ? if you are not sure how to see the link below

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, that was one of the steps on Xbox Live support. It didn't work. We also deleted some of the memory in case there wasn't room for the upgrade. That didn't work either.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem.  Spent four hours on the phone with xbl support, spoke with five different support reps at various levels. Eventually my ticket was escalated to a top tier rep.  Tried EVERYTHING...  Restored profile and attempted to do a manual update with three different USB storage devices, reconfigured my router several times (even though it was configured properly to begin with), switched from wired to wireless, downloaded update a second time just in case the file was corrupted during the dl, power cycled the console and router, and tried a couple of other things that I will not say because it was bad advice from one of the xbl support reps.  

Here is the straight dope.  

The update going around right now is not for all consoles, it is only for those that missed the spring (5-19-11) system update. It is meant to get all consoles that do not have the spring update installed prepared for the fall update. The way xbl customer support put it... It's like a (win xp) service pack to update core operating system files related to system security and stability, it does not change the dashboard.

Most updates are installing without any issues but some people (such as myself) are having a problem downloading the update from the console nor can they do a manual install. If the con fails to download and install the update and you get an error code like this one 351F-0000-0080-0300-8007-2F76 or a similar code the problem is not with your xbox.

A team of highly skilled giraffes at xbl are working on a solution that should be in place by Friday or Saturday. If you attempt a manual update using a USB thumb drive and it fails, DO NOT let a low level support rep talk you into sending your con in for service. This is not a broken hardware issue, it is a server side software/firmware update issue that is popping up on a limited number of consoles. If a support rep tells you to send in your console, insist on an escalation to a higher tier support rep before determining that your system needs to be sent off to the xbox hospital.

Simply put, the update has a compatibility issue affecting some consoles in a way that stalls (prevents) the update from being installed.  If the update does not install, the console will not be able to connect to xbl.  

Basically, we need to be patient and wait for the xbl system software team to fix the compatibility issue on their end.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the heads up dude...

So we basically have to sit tight for a couple of days while they come up with a proper update?

I tried downloading it to two usb's and it still won't take

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help dude! It still sucks though! They should give everybody free membership for a year after all this! haha

Sorry this didn't help.

i agree with the free membership idea! haha. this is bulls--t!!! i pretty much only play online!! im having the same issue. it wont let me download the update and then it wont let me sign into xbox live! soooo lame!

Sorry this didn't help.

This is really lame.  had no problems connecting prior to this patch and now I it says I can connect to the internet but not to XBOX Live, and of course I can't complete this new patch without connecting to xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

keep getting the samething on my con. Glad to see it is not just me then. Too bad for me as this is a stress relief for me from work. Guess we have to just sit tight then and wait. Thanks for the info folks

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I remember a guy I know who had playstation, and there online play got shut down for awhile, they got free membership after that! So why the hell does Xbox still have to pay? Especially when you have to deal with this sh**!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. Deleted cache as others suggested. No help. Deleted profile and tried to recover. No luck. Same error xxxx-xxxx-xx8x-xxxx-8007-2751.

Sorry this didn't help.