Xbox investigation

I rang up xbox customer support on 4th august 2011 as i could'nt gan access to my windows live services even after password resets so i though it would affect my xbox live account . The representative said they would do an investigation which would take 4 weeks and my account would be locked straight away .

2 days later on the 6th august 2011 i rang them again as i regained access to my windows live services and xbox live profile and after numerous password resets  i changed passwords and security answers etc . The representative that spoke to me said that he would note down that the investigation don't now have to take any action but it may still happen and would take 5 days.

2 further days later 8th august 2011 i rang up customer support again to ask if i could use my xbox account to play games with and if the investigation has stopped . The representative said that the account is'nt locked yet (even though the other representative i spoke to on 4th august said it would be locked straight away)  , he also said that if my account is active then i can use it and that the investigation is ongoing and will take 2 weeks .

( from this i can ee that the 3 people i spoke to did not give me a clear indication on how long the investigations team will take)

However im am worrying if i do anything on my console then the investigations team can pick up on it an close the account and i don't want this to happen as i still have 6 months of gold membership left and don't really want t start over with an account again and  have to buy all my live and microsoft points again.

Can anyone tell me if i can use the account and will anything be picked up from the investigations team.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If they locked your account, you wouldn't be able to do anything at all. If you can use it, and phone support says it's not locked, then you're good to go.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so if i can access it i can use it.

If it is locked will i be able to ring up and get it unlocked again if i can provide enough correct info.

Sorry this didn't help.

If they lock it for an investigation, more likely you will just have to wait out the investigation. If you've called and told them not to investigate, and it's not currently locked, it would seem you are fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

can you cancel an investigation because my h8t3rs account (spelled as is) got suspended with no enforcement or anything wrong.  if you could that would be great looking forward to play on my account again

Sorry this didn't help.

im 23 days into an investigation, and im so wprried as literally everyone says. "oh, i never got my account back."

i just cant start again with a new account. will it be sorted, i think the account might have got migrated to germany.

Sorry this didn't help.

thats not possible as germany is not a migratable region

Sorry this didn't help.

@Mofmeister

23 days is normal and I have known people who have got their back in 30 to 45 days. As the guy above me said you cannot move an account to Germany. Only a few regions were supported a while back and the option is no longer available.

If you are seeing your GT location as "Germany" it it likely that the thief has his console region set to "Germany" as he might be German.

Sorry this didn't help.