Xbox Internal Storage corrupt

Bought an Xbox 360 Skylanders bundle for Christmas 2012 and the hard drive is so *** up I can't do anything really. It won't connect to Live at all won't even run an update from USB. Tried formatting and get an error that a device has been removed and it can't continue. It won't let me run from USB either as it doesn't give me an option to install apps to there just defaults to the internal storage. Anyone else had similar issues with the 4GB Xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

well you are going to ether buy a hard drive or a USB (8GB or higher) to be able to play your xbox. it looks like you have to much stuff on your xbox you can delete some saves and or do what I said above

Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You answered literally nothing and said nothing "above". The hard drive has 2.8 GB left on it so the space is not the problem. If you read what i said above and the title there is obviously something wrong not that it is full. I need to know if anyone has experienced this and figured a way around it. Would love to use USB storage but it won't let me because apps default to the corrupted internal storage.

Sorry this didn't help.

have you reset your xbox?

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

" Bought an Xbox 360 Skylanders bundle for Christmas 2012 and the hard drive is so *** up I can't do anything really. It won't connect to Live at all won't even run an update from USB. Tried formatting and get an error that a device has been removed and it can't continue. It won't let me run from USB either as it doesn't give me an option to install apps to there just defaults to the internal storage. Anyone else had similar issues with the 4GB Xbox?" you did not say anything at all about the space on the HDD.  also have you tried to clear your system cache? settings system storage, hovor over HDD hit Y clear system cache, hit yes

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

you could have the apps on the system memory and have the games be on the USB also

CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have tried to clear the system cache. I have tried reformatting. Talked to MS support and they came to the conclusion that their was a hardware issue which was pretty obvious before I called them but had to spend 3 hours talking with them. I was hoping someone on here knew of a good way to bypass internal storage so I didn't have to buy a new Xbox or pay MS to repair. The hard drive is really pretty unresponsive to anything you try to do it. It says it deletes stuff but it is still there. It errors out when reformatting. Would love to use USB or anything but it keeps wanting to install apps on the internal storage without giving me an option.

Sorry this didn't help.