Xbox in Preview program failed update and OSUDT2 wont work

Hi Support

I hope someone can help me with an answer.

Today I received a 2 GB update to my Xbox, as it is part of the preview program.

During this update, the Xbox was stuck at the screen for "Preparing update" for 4 hours (about 75 to 80 percent according to Progress bar).

I had to turn off the Xbox, and when it comes back on, it will not load beyond the green startup screen.

I have searched the internet, and found that I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

Some people has had luck using the offline diagnostic tool, to get back into the system.

I have downloaded, extracted and tried this process as well, but sadly it gives an error code of : E101 00000504 8B050041

I have also tried having the Xbox run the green startup screen for an hour, hoping it might somehow resolve the issue by itself.

I used to Work as a system administrator, so I know that I have unpacked and placed the files correctly.

I wonder if this issue is caused by members of the preview program, having to download a different version of the OSUDT file, than the publicly offered OSUDT2 file.

I hope someone that sees this post can tell me how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 232 Applies to:
Answer

Hey guys. Anything involving the preview program should be posted in the preview forums: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Before you run the offline update diagnostic, hold the Xbox logo to turn the console off, then unplug the power cord from the back for 5 minutes. Try again, but let it sit on the green screen for up to 15 minutes. I also don't believe the OSUDT2 file will work with the preview, but the reset to defaults file should work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.