xbox help!?

okay this is kind of off topic, i am house sitting for my uncle and there is no way i can plug my xbox directly to the tv. He has this amazing sound system and i finally got my sound to work. The problem i am haveing is when i play a game for exsample Dead Space 2 i will get to a part were the screen goes black. when that happens the box my xbox is connected to starts making this click sound over and over again. it sounds like the box is turning on and of, when that happends the screen blacks out but puts a few moving green lines through it. my friend told me that it does that because everytimeit goes black the box thinks my xbox turned off. so if anyone knows how to fix that please let me know.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey fella.
Its not off topic its exactly what this forum is for. :)

If this keeps happening in the same place i the game it sounds like the console is likely having an issue reading the disc.
Check to make sure there are no smudges, marks etc on the disc.
If possible install it to your HDD see if that helps.

You could also try clearing the consoles cache.
Go to memory> highlight the HDD> press Y> select yes when prompted to perform maintenance.

Let us know if there is any change/no change and we can go from there :).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for answering me but i know it isn’t the game because it happens with every game i have. I played fable three and every time it went into a cut scene it happened or when i was in the pause menu. Same with all of my arcade games, I have a feeling it is the way it is connected but i made sure everything is plugged in and nothing is loose. I am going to go check out the memory but if i delete the cache doesn’t that get rid of all my updates for all my games?

Sorry this didn't help.

It will remove game updates, but you can just re install them the next time you play :).

Sorry this didn't help.

Here are a few more things that might help OP.

My consoles freezing.

Having trouble playing games.

Disc drive wizard.

I should have asked this to begin with but when the screen goes black can you still hear the game?, or is there nothing at all. And is it possible for you to borrow a friends AV leads to see if its a problem there?.
Also have you never had this issue before you started using this new TV?, it could be a problem there maybe if its never happened before.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah i can still play and hear the sound, i have a feeling that the box it is hooked up to cant handle my 360 for some reason or i have it plugged into the wrong place. i have another av cable that i will get tomorrow and see if that works. thanks for your help!

Sorry this didn't help.

You are welcome, anytime.
Let us know how it goes after trying the new cable or if possible another TV. Hopefully one of those is the issue :).

Sorry this didn't help.