XBOX HDMI Help!

Hi all, I have a problem with my Xbox. It has stopped working with my HDMI cable (no pic or sound). The cable is fine as it works with my PS3 and BT box, the TV also works fine when using these to. The Xbox works with a SCAT lead, so no problems there. Has any one else had this problem? If so can it be fixed? Cheers. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

maybe your HDMI port is fried?

I had this problem on my old elite, the HDMI port on the thing shorted itself. Sadly, it was already outside warranty, so I dont know if they can fix it or now.

Oooopss, sorry. You need to get another xbox.

If your Xbox is still under warranty then you can contact Microsoft and arrange for a repair / replacement Xbox. If it is out of warranty then you may need to just use the SCART lead.

Have a look at the HDMI port and see if there is anything obvious wrong with it like something covering a connection of if something small and metallic could be shorting it out?

I'm afraid that’s all I can think of at the moment.

thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately I've had this Elite for about 4 years now, it had a good run for an xbox ;).  I was going to get the GOW 3 Elite any way. Just means I can't triad this one in now.

Sorry to hear that, and sorry I couldn't be more help.

I'm not sure if it will help you but I read you can reset the console by holding down the right trigger and y button together, I would try that and then use the HDMI again, I can't remember where I read that but it was on here or linked on here, and it's definitely regarding the leads.