Xbox HDD Problems?

I try to play xbox and it gets stuck right before the dashboard, and if it gets to the dashboard it freezes when i sign in? I took the HDD out and it works perfectly? It's definately an HDD problem because my friends HDD works fine in my xbox. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

if you are connecting to xbox live through an ethernet cable unplug it and try to log in. If not, unplug the router to make sure that you are not connecting to xbox live when you turn on the xbox. If this works, check your hard drive for any incomplete downloads and delete them. i had this happen when a download was corrupted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having a similar issue, the system seems to hang for a long time on startup and after waiting for about 5 minutes it finally gets to the dashboard bu it seems my HDD is unreadable (Unformatted). I can't check previous downloads (fyi there weren't any) to see if any hadn't completed downloading. Nor can I access my profiles or any information on my hard drive.

If I choose to format my hard drive do I lose all the information on it?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Beertank.

If you format it you will lose everything on it.
But you can recover your profile via LIVE using your wlid and password, and then re-download any DLC purchased with your account by using your download history. Your saves will be lost though.

Sorry this didn't help.