Xbox has become a dissapointment

I have had both xbox consoles since day one and was looking forward to my xbox one until today.  I don't mind that there are no free games with the xbox one in the US (But in the UK you get a free game) but after not recieving an email from xbox today for the full game of killer instinct I've had it.  Games with Gold has been a joke, I have owned everything that has come out.  Xbox in my eyes is choosing to ignore their dedicated fanbase and is trying to appeal to the newer and casual gamers. And after dealing witht the support today I have to say I am not sure if I want to stay with microsoft for the next gen.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="UnRelentingAlly"]

I have had both xbox consoles since day one and was looking forward to my xbox one until today.  I don't mind that there are no free games with the xbox one in the US (But in the UK you get a free game) but after not recieving an email from xbox today for the full game of killer instinct I've had it.  Games with Gold has been a joke, I have owned everything that has come out.  Xbox in my eyes is choosing to ignore their dedicated fanbase and is trying to appeal to the newer and casual gamers. And after dealing witht the support today I have to say I am not sure if I want to stay with microsoft for the next gen.

[/quote]I disagree with with MS ignoring their dedicated user base.  They are handing out free consoles to those who have been with for a number of years.  Epic Louie has bee one to receive one of these.  They are giving away points and some other gifts as well for those who have been both dedicated and with them for a long time (probably from the beginning of live, but not 100% sure on that part.)  So to say, that they are ignoring their dedicated fan base is not true at all.

[quote user="vIv MIKE vIv"]

<Snip> And your sig is offensive and I'm surprised a moderator hasn't see that yet.

[/quote]We see far more than you suspect. ;)

-Jim

@OP.  You are seriously crying about not getting a free game?  Wow.  And your sig is offensive and I'm surprised a moderator hasn't see that yet.

I was xbox for years then switch to ps3 after 12mnths ive returned with my xbox one. The free games would be nice and i admit ps have been quicker with free titles and they are newer titles. But i think new dash board apps and tv is great think smashes ps in this respect plus the fact that get earlier access to some dlc, the chat system is better. So to put it simple think you,d be daft to go ps just because of a free game which im sure xbox will be working on this in order to pls its fan base its a new console progress will come . Enjoy has been done well. My only issue has been finding turtles or a gaming headset so i can play with out bothering mrs soaps lol.....

The Killer Instinct giveaway was a promotion they did where a random few got it.  However, Killer Instinct is free with the Day One Edition 12-Month Gold Membership, available at microsoftstore.com and select retailers.  Spend $59.99 for the year of Gold, get a free copy of Killer Instinct with it.

So OP is complaining about receiving a free game?

What's next, moaning about nice weather?

You can always purchase any game you want to play.  There are 3 xbox consoles.....  Good thing you did not know consoles were given out for free :)  

I like it how OP says that he already owned all the games for gold games, that means that he actually spent money on the kieflings game, I just don't see how that can help his argument.