Xbox Hard Drives to Small ... Why not network storage?

I wonder if Xbox (Microsoft)  would consider making a large capacity network storage unit either it be a fixed high capacity or a docking station to plug any size new hard drives into it. If they can get people to store to cloud I am sure they could make a Xbox network capable to share data within a network.

Also if they would like it to be connected to the Xbox itself why not add a USB 3 port (In new models) and allow the multiple hard drive solution to plug in more than one 250GB or 320GB.

We as users need to get Microsoft to provide us a good storage solution, always running short on storage is a pain.

Let me know if you agree

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If you want more storage, streaming is also available on the XBOX 360 from your desktop or laptop, using Windows Media Player. Extra ports are unnecessary.

some people possebly micrsoft just want u to buy more so they sell there stuff in smaller quantities so they make more $$$ right

^ This. I wish the 360 HDD could be upgraded (like the PS3)...

Sony go back and forth, at least Microsoft are straight.  Sony give you Linux and then take Linux, then they let you crack, then they say you can't, then they ban those who did.  Then they let you use your own storage, then they change firmware....

[quote user="Templar Boe"]

Sony go back and forth, at least Microsoft are straight.  Sony give you Linux and then take Linux, then they let you crack, then they say you can't, then they ban those who did.  Then they let you use your own storage, then they change firmware....

[/quote]

Linux on the PS3 has nothing to do with the fact that the 360 hard drives are ridiculously small and MS banning the ability to swap their small HDDs for a decent size one like many PS3 owners do...

or

I find this is one of the major failings with the 360. My 360 has a 20GB hard drive and since the new dashboard update I only have 10GB of usable space not the 18.9GB I had before and its very expensive to get a larger capacity. Also I don't see why Microsoft have to have such control over HDD's as with a computer you can by any HDD you want and add more storage easily, same with many of the major components on a PC. Unlike with an Xbox.