xbox hacked. well done microsoft on the speedy service

So, my son's xbox got hacked and they spent all 3000 points on Gold Players Premium, Premium Gold Pack and Hyundai Veloster Bonus Pack (I really have no idea what these are).

So, after ringing support yesterday and being told the account was immediately blocked and that the rogue email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) would be wiped so that any future correspondence would not go to the hacker (obviously if it did he'd get the new account details) and they would correspond to my new email address only and not use that on my account, I was fairly happy.

I checked my emails tonight to find an email today (in Chinese, good job google translate works) asking if I wanted to add a new email (the one I asked MS to contact me on but not to add to xbox) and they also sent it to the hacker's email too. Brilliant.

Well, I figured he just forgot to remove it and misinterpreted what I asked.

So, I check xbox and the account is still live and not at all blocked.

Is there anything Microsoft support can get right?

One more thing add, this account's email was set up purely for xbox and is not used at all for any purpose and has never logged on via the internet or used in an email client.

I can't actually do anything now because the phone lines are closed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

... and of course there's no point in changing the account password because all the hacker has to do is go to xbox and click on 'forgot password' ::)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there Chuck! You will need to contact phone support as soon as possible. Ask them to start an Unauthorized Access investigation on your son's account. Please let me know how this goes, thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.