xbox gold won't work when I put gift card code in

I bought a $15 gift card and put the code in to get the one month Xbox gold. It said it was a success putting in the money, but when I tried to do anything that the Xbox gold users could do it would not let me and it would send me back to the page where it shows the Xbox gold membership prices. So I clicked use a code and I tried putting the code in again but it said it had already been used.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Angrybunny17,

A gift card and an Xbox live gold subscription are 2 different things. Currently, currency in your account cannot be used to purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription. So you would either have to purchase a subscription card or purchase it directly on the website/Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What you have done is you've purchased currency for XBL gold and the reason it is not working is because you entered a gift code not a gold code. You need to purchase XBL gold in the store or online etc... Once you've entered a code, it cannot  be used again. So head into 'marketplace' or the window that pops up and purchase gold from there. (Don't worry you haven't wasted money or have been scammed, just you didn't purchase a gold code you purchased currency to purchase gold on the Xbox).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.