Xbox getting its act together in the U.K

Having played about with the settings i decided to change my region to United states, upon the xbox restarting itself i was pleasantly surprised to find some of my dashboard items had changed, my featured was now advertising to me as if i was an American, so i then went in to the apps and sure enough hulu, nfl, plus plenty others that we don't get in the U.K was there ( did not bother trying to download ), i decided to go one step further and try and set up ( with one of the reasons i bought the xbone at launch for ) is the T.V function and ability to change over my Virgin box, and it actually worked ( in a fashion ), basically i went in to T.V & oneguide then set up devices, having gone through the set up process the only problem was zipcode, seeing the uk only has post codes i put in the the most famous zipcode i knew Beverly hills 90210, now everything worked, i was able to channel up & down with voice commands, and state what channel i wanted 

and now comes the but, because i picked a Beverly hills cable provider my channels were not matching and are completely different, but the ability is there and should be set up in the UK already

this is one of Many reasons why Microsoft has annoyed me, i bought an entertainment center that fully entertains the united states but not here in the uk

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

and now you wont be able to change back

I don't understand the title of the thread...

So you had to pay more for less entertainment.  Good Job MS.  

The title should be:  Paying more for less

basically he changed his region from UK to US and he has more apps and stuff.so now he could download Titanfall on tuesday

@messiahbrowny  i have changed back to U.K region no problems

as for the title of the thread we were to be believed that we would of got everything that was advertised by Microsoft, but we haven't, basically it is just a game console in the UK and not the full entertainment center that was sold to us

Each region got different broadcasters,Microsoft fault,of course....

Some apps are popular worldwide,some aren't.

@bizarro  i will agree, i wish i had waited and got the full functions with a 20% price drop and an extra game

If the UK version is a basic game system and not the all-in-one poop box we have here, I'd take the UK version.

Please don't.....