Xbox Gametag

Alright, my question is, what can I do if I am completely sick of the Xbox community making fun of my gamertag. ROOST3R 117, which you all know another word for Rooster. It's a four letter word starting with 'C' and ends with a 'K' In every lobby I go in they begin to make fun of it.

I would like to change my name but there is no way to do so without spending tons of money. Or should I just take all the picking on and laughing at?

Thanks,

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello, I was actually in the same boat as you not to long ago. My old tag use to be Nymph XL, I meant the name to be my favorite anime characters name and the XL part for excelrate (Spelling?), But as you can geuss most people thought of somthing else when looking at it.

-

Anyways back on topic, If the jokes are mild and you like your name just keep it, no real harm in a little fun. But if the jokes are obsurde like in my case just change it, other wise you'll start to hasitate going into multi-player games thinking "I don't wana deal with imature kids or perveretid adults." An sadly those type of people seam to be every where on xbox live.

-

Sorry thats the only advise I can give you, hope it helped.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Apologies but a gamertag change cost 800 Microsoft Points. Unless a tag is against the code of conduct then it receives a Forced Name Change(FNC) from the enforcement team. As your current tag is clean you will have to spend the points to make the change. As for the people harassing you about it. I would advise blocking communications or even file a complaint via your console if it really gets out of hand.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea, I guess there really isn't anything that can be done. I think I'll just deal with the immature kids and mute them when they start everything up.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.