Xbox games licence

Hi I downloaded Civ Rev but can't play it on other gamertags only the one which d'loaded it. My family won't be aible to play it, only way is to buy the disc. How bloody stupid is that? Microsoft always bang on about getting the family to play together but how can they when the resorces are limited? One gamertag per xbox can only play the d'l.. ridiculous. It used to be any gamertag registered on home console can play the content, and now microsoft are gonna kill the 2nd hand market no wonder they're hated. Look at Win8 for instance they get rid of the start menu and button.. in future ask your followers what they wantt because you can get a program that will get the start button back onto Win8. My rant is don't alienate your core audience otherwise you can forget about people buying xbox720.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i can play it on a 2nd profile

=

also blocking 2nd hand games is only a rumor for the nextbox

All your content should be playable.

1. By you on any console as long as you are logged into xbox live.

2. By anyone on the first console it was downloaded on. (or a different console if you transfer the licence.)

It's not a perfect system, but pretty fair. If you have 2 or more console, as I do, it comes in very handy. I just make sure I download on the "family" xbox first so everyone can play.

You not having your drm licenses up to date on your current console isn't their fault. Ignorance is yours

[quote user="Senses Fai1ed"]

You not having your drm licenses up to date on your current console isn't their fault. Ignorance is yours

[/quote]i downloaded it last night thank you very much

[quote user="OLDG Marmite"]

Hi I downloaded Civ Rev but can't play it on other gamertags only the one which d'loaded it. My family won't be aible to play it, only way is to buy the disc. How bloody stupid is that? Microsoft always bang on about getting the family to play together but how can they when the resorces are limited? One gamertag per xbox can only play the d'l.. ridiculous. It used to be any gamertag registered on home console can play the content, and now microsoft are gonna kill the 2nd hand market no wonder they're hated. Look at Win8 for instance they get rid of the start menu and button.. in future ask your followers what they wantt because you can get a program that will get the start button back onto Win8. My rant is don't alienate your core audience otherwise you can forget about people buying xbox720.

[/quote] W8 start  menu/button argument is rubbish. Once you learn W8 , you dont need a start button. 

[quote user="Piztup"] W8 start  menu/button argument is rubbish. Once you learn W8 , you dont need a start button. [/quote]You do if you don't want the Start screen to become a cluttered mess.

As is I have to manually delete most of the entries installing a program dumps on there. Then of course there is no way to have folders on the Start screen, at least none I have found. So I either have a cluttered Start screen or no access to sub-features of the programs I've installed.

So using a program like Classic Shell to give me a Start Menu is a god-send. It lets me have a neat Start screen and easy access to sub-features of a program without having to delve into Program Files. 

Just for example when I install Office XP, with just Word and Frontpage, I get nine tiles added to the Start screen. I don't want seven of them there all the time but I do want to be able to access them when I require it.

The Start screen doesn't offer me that functionality, a Start Menu does. 

This is an xbox forum, but as we are talking about win 8....

@voteDC. Installing programs has always cluttered up the start menu unless you tidy it up. You can't have folders, but try dragging the icons about and it does put them into clumps which you can use to organise things. You can delete unused icons as you like, remember right clicking will bring up the option to show a complete list of installed programs if you want to keep your start screen tiles to a minimum.

-

However, since windows 7, I've found that pinning my most used programs to the taskbar means I hardly need to use the start menu or start screen.

-

I'm not saying that I think windows 8 is a perfect solution, but it really isn't that bad if you give it a chance. I don't mind the start screen as much as having to point at the corners to bring up the gem menu. Give the user the option to place shortcuts for the various menus on the desktop would go a long to keepping people happy. (you can add "My computer", "Network", "User folder" as well as "Recycle Bin", so just add in "Start menu" etc. to this list!)

[quote user="Majikthise"]@voteDC. Installing programs has always cluttered up the start menu unless you tidy it up.[/quote]Using the example I gave before. Install Office XP on Windows 8 and all nine entries get dumped on the Start screen. Install on a Windows with a Start Menu and you have the two main programs shown as direct links and the other seven tucked into a folder called Microsoft Office.

Far cleaner and useful. 

@voteDC Just hit the Windows Key and start typing the name of the app/setting/document you want and it'll start filtering everything on screen for you. you don't need them all pinned to the home screen to find em :)

IRB

op if anyone else wants to play make sure they are online as only the gamertag wich bought the game can play it offline.