Xbox gamertag

hello, I've have been sent here by Microsoft support,

My gamer tag is the same as my real name... and i cant pay for the change because i'm only 15 and my parents don't see why they need to pay for the change. i am worried about my gamer tag because of it being the same as my name and worry about what may happen. i have been dwindling on what may happen. is there anyway it can be changed forcefully  or anyway it can be gotten around .

i thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Support are incorrect when it comes to name changes. The enforcement team do not read or post in this forum. The only way to have them investigate your tag would be if someone filed a complainto n you through the console. The enforcement team will only issue a forced change if your tag violates the code of conduct, which I don't see anything in yours that would. Even if they do issue a change they will only give you a randomly generated tag and you would still need to pay for one of your choosing. There is no way to get a free change.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

It sounds like you're just going to have to convince your parents to pay the $10 fee. If you have cash you could try purchasing an Xbox gift card from GameStop or Target so you won't have to use your parent's credit card.

It's not unusual for people to include their full name on their profile. As long as you don't share your location people won't be able to harass you. Your name seems pretty common so as far as social media goes you're well hidden. If it still makes you uncomfortable, try explaining to your parents the 'dangers' of the internet. See if that will help convince them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.