Xbox froze, 4 red lights, then nothing

I had an issue today where my Xbox froze as I went to leave a game and go to Xbox home via the home button. My Xbox froze, I waited about 3mins before manually turning it off then back on again, it showed what I think was 4 lights, although in my panic I may have been wrong, not knowing what to do I switched it off again and now it refuses to turn back on, it plays the sound when the button is pressed but refuses to come alive. I have tried taking my vault case off and safely ejecting the HDD to try cool it down, I have tried waiting for the system to cool down, I have also tried swapping cables, and nothing works. I have moved it to a cooler place but I just don't know what else to do. Halp!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there!

Have a little review on the Screen Freeze Solution page as well as the Four Flashing Red Lights page. There will be some solutions of which you may try that could potentially resolve your issue! :)

Hope this helps!

Keep us posted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have since tried moving the Xbox to a better suited area, I have tried removing the HDD and I swapped the Hdmi cable for a new one, nothing works, there are no red lights, no lights at all, only

Sounds and worst of all, I still have a game in there

Sorry this didn't help.

To get your game out go to this link and follow the instructions: support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

You may need a repair on your x box to get the process started visit this link : myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Ty for the tip about getting the disk out, gotta love it when there's not a paper clip in sight, noticed also last night that the light on my power brick is yellow, tried the no power solution and moved it to a power point in the wall, no give, going to see if I can borrow a cable from a friend or from work (game stop/ Eb Games) today and see if that will fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

No fix yet

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Br34kf45tM0nk3y - cool Gamertag! :) Unfortunately if the console is not turning on at all at this point, it sounds like it may be in need of a repair. :/ If you aren't sure how to set one up exactly, you can do so by visiting How to get your Xbox product repaired. It gives you the low down on the process. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you :3

I have filled out a repair form and had my label emailed, I wish I didn't have to get it replaced :(

But... I don't want to be without it.

My boss and I have played fun that my ps3 got jealous because since I got the Xbox, the ps3 has been very neglected.

And it will continue when it's replaced I suppose, they may replace my Xbox but they will never replace the space

In my heart for my first Xbox :') XD

Sorry this didn't help.